Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
ryanpst
Aspirant
Aspirant
I saw this week that HomeKit is being brought via firmware update to the Arlo Baby - so today I went to the shops and bought one!

So far it needed a firmware update 15847 but I cannot add it to HomeKit via the 8 digit code on the bottom of the camera.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it not available yet?

Also, after trying to link to IFTTT I’m unable to see the camera in the list. Someone else seems to reported this as a known issue but if you can confirm this is still an issue that would be great.
9 REPLIES 9
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary

ryanpst wrote:

Also, after trying to link to IFTTT I’m unable to see the camera in the list. Someone else seems to reported this as a known issue but if you can confirm this is still an issue that would be great.

Hasn't worked in the last two months that I've had my cameras. You can use IFTTT as the trigger (IF) but not as the action (THAT) it just shows up loading. You can use Stringify though, it's more capable in my opinion. . But Arlo doesn't allow you to change to any custom modes, only arm or disarm when using anything other that the arlo app.

ryanpst
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks Scott. I assumed the issue in IFTT was something like that.

Hopefully the HomeKit info will be coming along soon 🙂
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ryanpst,

There will be a firmware release soon allowing for Arlo Baby to integrate with Homekit. An announcement will be made when this firmware is released.

JamesC

sagesofrpg
Star
Star

I also cannot get Arlo to work with Homekit or IFTTT or Smarthings. It's odd because its in the manual but they don't work with the camera. Hum...

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
See comment above about ifttt.

As far as working with smart things. I have it working with smartthings just fine. Just Google how to get it set up, it's really easy.

BUT, if you want smartthings to manage your recordings you will get a good 5-7 second delay because Arlo has to go to the cloud then go to smartthings cloud. It's better to let Arlo manage the cameras, once you have Arlo discovered in smartthings you can use the cameras motion to trigger other things like lights. That's how I have mine set up.
sagesofrpg
Star
Star
I was in with support the other day and they said that Arlo Baby did not work with IFTTT or SmartThings or HomeKit at this time.

What camera did you use to setup Arlo baby in smartthings?
Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
I only have Arlo pros. Assuming SM would discover the baby just the same as regular Arlo cameras, but I can't say for sure.
sagesofrpg
Star
Star

Sadly there is no support for IFTTT or Smarthings for Arlo baby. Even though their are instructions in the manual to connect them. Confirmed by online and phone chat.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby firmware supporting Homekit is now available. Check the firmware on your Arlo baby to make sure it is on the latest version: Firmware Release Notes and be sure to download the latest version of the Arlo iOS mobile app from the app store.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation