Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shellybean
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo Baby Camera which is permanently running in my kids room. I would like to give temporary access to others who babysit from time to time, but have serious concerns about the security of doing this. Here's what I've tried:

Grant Access - I granted access to my mum through the app settings so she could keep an eye on my babies one evening. When I got home, I removed her access on the app. Three weeks later I found out she still had access and was able to view the camera at any time, even though I'd removed her access. I removed the camera from my account, she was still able to view the camera until I did a hard reset. This is not acceptable. 

Sharing my username & password - I logged into my own account on my husbands phone. I then changed the password so he can no longer log in, but he is still receiving every single notification. If he can't log into the app - how is he still able to receive notifications???

Security on the camera/app seems pretty dodgy. Anyone have any tips/ideas?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shellybean wrote:

I then changed the password so he can no longer log in, but he is still receiving every single notification.

Did you try restarting his phone?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation