Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

He no longer can log in to my account but still receives notification?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
shellybean
Follower
Follower

I have the Arlo Baby Camera which is permanently running in my kids room. I would like to give temporary access to others who babysit from time to time, but have serious concerns about the security of doing this. Here's what I've tried:

Grant Access - I granted access to my mum through the app settings so she could keep an eye on my babies one evening. When I got home, I removed her access on the app. Three weeks later I found out she still had access and was able to view the camera at any time, even though I'd removed her access. I removed the camera from my account, she was still able to view the camera until I did a hard reset. This is not acceptable. 

Sharing my username & password - I logged into my own account on my husbands phone. I then changed the password so he can no longer log in, but he is still receiving every single notification. If he can't log into the app - how is he still able to receive notifications???

Security on the camera/app seems pretty dodgy. Anyone have any tips/ideas?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@shellybean wrote:

I then changed the password so he can no longer log in, but he is still receiving every single notification.

Did you try restarting his phone?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation