Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
dsnigro
Aspirant
Aspirant

after a recent update, my user accounts are stuck in 'Getting Status' on the camera.  This has only happened with my user accounts, not the admin account.  I went in and gave one of the user accounts admin access and then the camera started working again.  I do not want to give access rights to all users so this is a problem.  Please advise how to handle this.  I have restarted the devices, deleted and re-added the app and logged in and out.  No resolution.  They are all iOS devices that are fully updated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

This issue should be fixed on the latest Arlo iOS app version. Make sure to download the latest version, which you can read about it here: Arlo iOS App - 2.18.1 - 4th July 2020

If you are still experiencing the issue, please let us know.

View solution in original post

58 REPLIES 58
Mees4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting status stays on my live device, yet, my recordings in library is fine. I have deleted app reinstalled, logged out & back in, reset base, internet , pulled batteries out & back in etc. any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

sfinkel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues with a camera someone shared with me today.  I can view it in the web portal but not in the app on either my iPad or my iPhone.   Any advice would be highly appreciated!  I’ve already tried signing in/out, deleting & reinstalling the app and deleting the device and having the person re-share it with me.

orxideia181
Aspirant
Aspirant

Live streaming for non admin user has been working fine for 20 months. It stopped working today with “Getting status...”. Is anyone experiencing the same issue? It’s working fine for admin user. Thanks.

michaelkenward
Sensei Sensei
Sensei

@Mees4 wrote:
Getting status stays on my live device...

What is it that gives that message? A mobile app or the browser interface?

If the first, Android or iOS?

Search - Arlo Community – Getting status

You are not alone.

Just another user
Arlo hardware: Q Plus, Pro 2 (X2), Pro 3 (X3), Pro 3 Floodlight, Security Light (X2), Ultra (X2), Doorbell, Chime
tk_1989_
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m getting the same message. The video feed won’t load as per normal. Only recently started. The error occurs on my iPhone 7, but not on my other device, which is and iPhone Xs.
Mees4
Aspirant
Aspirant
A mobile app on iOS- iPhone 7
Mees4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes- same . I have an iPhone 7 as well. This problem has only appeared this week.
Mees4
Aspirant
Aspirant
Drobicheaux
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden, my Arlo Baby monitor does not work with my iPad mini.  It works on my iPhone 11, my wife's iPhone 11 Pro, on my iPad Pro, but on the iPad mini (not sure what model but purchased in the last year) it is stuck on "Getting status".  All the other Arlo cameras are working just fine on the mini, it is only the baby monitor.  I have shut down the Mini, deleted the Arlo app and reinstalled, and checked the latest software, which is up to date.  Any other solutions to fix this?

Firmware 1.9.13.0_815

Hardware 6

Fengyong_87
Aspirant
Aspirant
arlo grant access camera stuck at getting status but still recording. Just no live view. I had tried reinstall and reboot can not fix.
Already update Newest version.
kaowee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo (baby and ultra) stuck on ‘getting status’ on latest model ipad air (ios 13.5.1) but fine on iphones.

- network and data settings all
good
- location, home data, geofencing all on
-deleted and reinstalled app, and re-logged in
- re-sent and accepted access email
sfinkel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’m having the same issue with a camera feed that someone shared with me!!  It’s really annoying but good to know it’s not unique to us.

Job1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

Somehow my iPad does not connect anymore with our Arlo baby. My Android device does connect and shows it perfectly. I tried to restart the app and restart my iPad, deleted the app, reconnect the WiFi but nothing happens... tried a different iPad, same result/problem. Is there an iOS issue? 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Running a Baby with gen 5 mini, ios 13x and no issues.... so it's not an iOS issue.

Are you running the latest version of ios and app?  Also what model ipad?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
travelingliz89
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a system and my parents have a system. We have shared accessibility with each other so that when one of us is out of town, the other can check in on things if necessary. Two days ago, we both started getting the “checking status” notification for each other’s cameras but we don’t have any issues with checking our own cameras/system. What can we do?
Job1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

iPad 2019 with latest version iOS, and latest version of the Arlo app. Also tested it with an older iPad (probably 2017 gen with latest iOS), both don’t work. All my Android devices don’t have this problem. Internet/WiFi works just fine.

Job1983
Aspirant
Aspirant

To be more specific, it is stuck in “getting status”.... re-installing the app doesn’t work.

ab77
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. My arlo baby works fine on my iPhone 11 but a few days ago stopped working suddenly on my iPad.   When I try to access the Arlo baby through my iPad Arlo app its just stuck on getting status. 

I have tried logging out, logging back in, deleting the app and reinstalling. Nothing is working. 

Did you find a way to fix the issue?

ianthomas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same issue but only on one iPhone.  The app really sucks!! 😫

Babyz
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having identical problem.
Babyz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Identical problem. Need a solution
suthland
Aspirant
Aspirant

Exactly the same problem since iOS update yesterday.

orxideia181
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, I haven’t figured it out yet. Tried different phones, logout, login, etc. Works for the admin user but not for the secondary non admin user. If I make secondary user as admin - it works! So, the problem is definitely with secondary user without admin access. We need help from Arlo Support. How do we let them know?
JoanJones
Aspirant
Aspirant
  • We installed the security system today for our mother.  We live away in other towns so one of us is the admin. I was sent the permission link to register online to view cameras.  I was initially able to see the camera views although not in real time.  After signing off, I tried to get back on and I got the message that I would need to ask permission of the administrator to log back in. Is this true?  We both want to be able to view without having to go through an invite each time.  Also, initially when installed, I was able to view on my laptop but when I tried on my iPhone,  I could see the view from both cameras but "getting status" shows up over the picture.  I  haven't been able to get past that either.  The installation seemed easy enough .but after that It has been very frustrating.