Brand new Arlo Baby wont connect to WiFi

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Simk1n
Guide
Guide

This is my third Arlo Baby camera. First one lasted two years, then second one three years and i decided to buy a new-in-box camera from eBay as there is no other Baby/child camera available from Arlo.

It wont connect to WiFi, i have been dealing with this thing this whole day now

I have tried;

My Iphone 13, my wifes Iphone 13, my Samsung S23, and my iPad.

Tried resetting the Baby camera holding reset button for 10sec, probably 50 times today.

Tried resetting/hard factory reset my router, tried both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz band.

Password contain no special signs, just normal letters and numbers (i had my previous baby camera on same SSID and password)

I follow the instruction for adding camera, press sync, LED goes from orange to blue, scanning QR code and i hear the chime sound, then it just keeps scanning until i get message of no camera found.

On my client list on my router (Asus RT-AXE7800) i see arlo-babycam, so it connects to the router, but it does not add in arlo app.

Have also tried adding it in web browser, and made sure both phones and PC is on the same network.

Im about to give up, what is going on? any help?

11 REPLIES 11
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support through the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

SPAHNER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi. 
Did you get help with your problem?

I have exactly the same experience. A completely new and unused Arlo Baby ABC1000, my second Arlo Baby in the house, and it will not be discovered by the Arlo Secure app. I can add it directly to Apple Home but then I don’t get the temp/sensor features and cannot use activity zones etc…

Regards,

Patrik

Simk1n
Guide
Guide

No, i have been in contact with arlo support, but did not manage to solve the problem.

Would not be surprised if this is intended by arlo, as this camera is no longer supported, because i find it very strange a unused brand new camera wont connect.

How did you add it to apple home? did you scan qr code, or typing it manually.?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Simk1n wrote:

i find it very strange a unused brand new camera wont connect.

Arlo stopped manufacturing the baby in September 2019.  So even if the camera isn't used, it has been sitting on the shelf for  at least 5 years old.

Did you try a PC (either windows or mac) - browsing to my.arlo.com?

SPAHNER
Aspirant
Aspirant

Even Apple Home says that there’s a new firmware available for the camera when adding it directly but it redirects me to the Arlo Secure app to perform the update, and there the camera is a no show. Was thinking that it might be the issue that the app and the camera’s firmware aren’t compatible. Makes it impossible to upgrade the camera though. 

I might dig around for an old phone to see if I can use the old Arlo Baby app to connect and upgrade the camera. 

SPAHNER
Aspirant
Aspirant

5 years or more yes. I haven’t needed it until now. 😉

When I browse to my.arlo.com the page only tells me to contact Verisure about my cameras. Nothing useful on that page. 

IMG_2587.png

SPAHNER
Aspirant
Aspirant

In Apple Home: Add accessory - More options - My accessory is not shown here - Enter code. And there I enter the code from the base of the cam. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SPAHNER wrote:

Add accessory - More options - My accessory is not shown here - Enter code. And there I enter the code from the base of the cam. 

You can't add the Baby to Homekit until you on-board it successfully in the Arlo app.

I see the Baby Cam in the Arlo app when I go into "Add device", then "Cameras" and finally "Other".

SPAHNER
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB Yes, it can be added directly as that is the only thing that works. The QR-code on the base is not a HomeKit QR-code so the numbers will have to be entered. But then it’s only added as a camera and lacks all the other features as motion detection, temperature etc… 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SPAHNER wrote:

Yes, it can be added directly as that is the only thing that works. 

Are you saying that the "add home" step in this guide doesn't work?

Simk1n
Guide
Guide

So this could be a firmware issue?

Im 100% convinced this is a software/app/firmware issue and not defective cameras.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation