Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
We have had Baby Arlo problems for several weeks now. They kept suddenly disconnecting thus turning off the white noise and waking up our babies. We kept having to reset them to get them back online. Our other arlo cameras were fine. After several weeks, we replaced our router to a more powerful Netgear router thinking the old one might be giving out. We still can't get on. We tried switching the baby arlos on and off, factory resetting the baby arlos and the base, updating the app, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, bringing the baby arlo right next to the router. We also tried to set up the baby arlo via the web but that didn't work. We tried the chat support and nobody has replied to us in over a week.
The baby arlos keep flashing yellow. It recognizes the QR code and chimes when we try and connect it to our 2.5G wifi connection but then makes an unable-to-connect Atari noise and goes back to flashing yellow again. We have no other problem with any other device, including our other Arlo cameras. Please help!
25 REPLIES 25
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Do you have any new special characters in your networks name SSID? You can find more information here: Can special characters in a network name cause problems

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for your reply. There are no special characters in the network name.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM with the email these baby cameras are associated with? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is your baby camera uninstalled?

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, it is uninstalled
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is the camera disconnecting from the internet or shutting off in general/rebooting? 

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't get it to connect at all
UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
No shutting off or rebooting. It just doesn't connect to the network
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try a factory reset one more time per this article: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've tried that several times before and did it again just to give it another try. It unfortunately still doesn't work
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with your baby camera serial number, the one having the issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you PM me with your baby camera serial number, the one having the issue. 

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, it's the same serial number I sent you a few weeks ago.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have opened a case for you. Customer Support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided the case number for your reference: 42922708

Genericuser
Aspirant
Aspirant

This situation describes me exactly as well. I have factory reset many times. My network works absolutely fine and is very high end. This camera is junk, it worked fine for a while but now it won't connect at all. I don't get the chime. It's just a flashing amber light until I press the sync button, it flashes blue but it won't get past that stage. It sounds like there is a problem with these cameras

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
I replied to the Customer Service rep and they never called me back. 2 months later and I still can't get help to fix these Baby Arlos and my babies have no monitoring. Maybe we need to start going on new mom blogs and share our experience with them.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@UCLABRUIN

I escalated your case and the escalations team will be contacting you by phone/email. Your escalations number is here: 42948081

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Customer support didn't call me during our appointment time and I haven't heard from anyone when I emailed them. What is going on here? This is not how things should be run. Please have them call me Monday at 9:30AM.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have notified the support team, I will look in to this ASAP. I will provide an update as soon as i hear more. 

Kw2022
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi, I am having a very similar problem. Our Arlo baby occasionally would become disconnected from the internet turning off the white noise and sometimes waking baby, but usually would reconnect on its own. Now all of a sudden it could not reconnect to the internet despite no changes to our internet service or performance. I tried removing the device thinking that might help but now I cannot reinstall the device. It fails to find the device every time. We get to the part where the chime goes off then it just never finds the device. I’m so so frustrated and customer service seems non existent unless you pay for a subscription. I am not sure if it’s worth the frustration of trying to fix this problem (with not very helpful self help guidance) or just buy another device.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Kw2022,

Do you mind providing a screenshot of the error message?

Thanks 

Kw2022
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, see photos below. The error message displayed when I try to set up by clicking on the Arlo device discovered under "Found Cameras" is "an unexpected error occurred". The error message displayed when I try to set up the device using the QR code method is " No Arlo Devices Found - make sure your device is powered on correctly and you're connected to the network." As an aside, this happens even after doing a factory reset and after power cycling. The SSID is correct and case sensitive.  The wifi network is working for other devices. The power cable is plugged into a functioning outlet at the battery switch is set to green.  Thanks. error message from clicking on Found Cameraerror message from clicking on Found Cameraerror message from QR code setuperror message from QR code setup

UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks. The second picture keeps popping up though I took all the correct steps to set up on both cameras.
UCLABRUIN
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello, can we reopen my case since we are still having difficulty using any of our Baby Arlos.
Discussion stats
  • 25 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation