Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
larock7505
Aspirant
Aspirant

Picture1.png

Anyone have any ideas? 

This is a baby camera and is UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Is there a way to get an iPad to direct connect to the camera without the cloud?

This is the second time TODAY this message has appeared....

I have also noticed that my CVR recordings are missing.....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it still happening?  There certainly was a problem yesterday that affected me, seemingly only for a short time, but others here have had a much longer issue. You can try restarting the camera (Settings, My Devices, your camera, Restart button at the bottom) to see if the outage is over but your camera hasn't reconnected for som ereason.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

RESOLVED: Some Arlo Base Station reporting as “Offline”

Following is an update on the Arlo Service interruption.  On Friday November 24, 2017 at approximately 11:00am Pacific time, we experienced a major service disruption which impacted Customer’s ability to access their Arlo Systems.   Services were restored at approximately 2:00am Pacific Time, Saturday November 25 although some Customers may have continued to experience issues for several hours after the fix was implemented.  If you are still experiencing an issue with your Arlo system, please contact support at:  1-(408)-638-3750.  We sincerely apologize for this service interruption and it certainly does not reflect our standards of service availability.  Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available and we are reviewing our internal processes and systems in order to prevent this from happening in the future.  Again, we apologize and thank you for your patience.

JamesC

Bbqsgt
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m surprised that the “accepted solution” to this issue is simply a statement from NETGEAR that basically says “Our system was down, which rendered all of your camera devices inoperable”

How is this a solution?

As someone who purchased an Arlo Baby for the “mission critical” purpose of monitoring my baby when she’s in her crib at night, it infuriates me that I can’t watch my camera simply because NETGEARs cloud servers are down. There’s simply no excuse for there not to be a feature-limited “fallback” mode that allows you to view you cameras if they are still accessible on your local network.

Arlo Baby claims “local streaming” as one of its features, and its the only feature that tipped the scales in my research, and drove me to choose the Arlo Baby over the Nest Cam IQ. However, this feature is a complete sham, because the Arlo app still requires you to “login” to your netgear account before it can do anything.. What is the point of having a local streaming feature if it requires that I authenticate with a non-local server first?
Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation