Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo crashing immediately for anyone else? Google Pixel 3, Android OS 9 or 10

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
jasminea12
Follower
Follower

I have a Google Pixel 3, and since I downloaded the latest Arlo app, the app is crashing upon load (except, of course, when I'm talking to an Arlo agent on the phone 🙃

Have tried restarting phone, uninstalling/reinstalling Arlo app, clearing cache for Arlo app, updating my Android system from 9 to 10. Nothing has worked. Has this happened to anyone else, and have you found a fix?

I use Arlo baby

8 REPLIES 8
Carlinhosdimarz
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem with arlo baby!
yt1
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem !

Winterv
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. Arlo Baby, app refuses to run, immediate crash on execution. Seeing this with a pixel 3 xl, pixel 4 and pixel 4 xl. Our echo show devices also refuse to connect.

Netgear, fix this! We cannot monitor our sons audio while we all sleep. We fear he was awake last night crying and we never came to help calm him.
Ballen_15
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here. My app updated, and the app will open, then immediately crash. I am using Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
chillparenting
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can confirm that we have the same app (ver 2.12.1_27005) crashing problem immediately on signing in on both a Google Pixel 3a and Moto Z3 Play. A reboot of the phones did not help.

Edit: It looks like Arlo app devs finally resolved the issue. Manually installing the Dec 25 update seems to have fixed the crashing issue for now.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello,

Are you still experiencing this issue with the app crashing?

chillparenting
Aspirant
Aspirant
The app is stable now on both the Pixel 3a and Moto Z3 Play after the update
Ballen_15
Initiate
Initiate
As of 12/27/19 the app is running smoothly.
Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation