Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby stopped recording, only manual recordings save on library

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
mvidal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo baby monitor stops recording and saving on library, this happens every 2-3 days, I need to power cycle in order to get the motion and audio trigger recordings to begin again.  Sometimes i am able to manualy record, and it will show on library, yet the automatically triggered recordings won't work.

5 REPLIES 5
mrogers77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yesterday recordings stopped and eventually started again. Today they have stopped again. This keeps happening over the last few weeks - getting really old. The product is pretty much unreliable right now - we need a permanent fix this time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @mvidal and @mrogers77,

Are you still not receiving recordings from your Arlo Baby? Try to power cycle your Arlo Baby again to see if that helps. You can read here on how to do a power cycle: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?

mvidal
Aspirant
Aspirant

power cycling solves the issue, the problem is that I did not purchase this monitor to baby sit IT, its tedious to be on top of the issue every day and make sure that it is working. 

KHK
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have been experiencing this same issue for the past several days and nothing has worked. I repeated power cycling and even did a hard reset of the device, plus the latest iOS app update.

What is the solution? I’m ready to demand a refund from Amazon and get the Nanit.

For fellow desperate parents reading this: my friends with Nest have no issues. The main difference is that Nest doesn’t play white noise and lullabies, but if you can live without that feature get Nest for just a little more $. If you can splurge, Nanit all the way because they are also adding the music feature soon. Both brands don’t have the ridiculous recording issues and cloud/server outages all the time.

Also, Arlo’s status website is useless, false and not updated frequently. It shows “All Good” on all core features including video recording - but that score was last updated AUG 30. Video recording has failed for me at least 5x since August 30.
mvidal
Aspirant
Aspirant
Guess this issue hasn’t been fixed yet! Please arlo team, either tell me a permanent fix, send me a dvr or something. But it is unacceptable that i can’t trust this camera to actually do what is meant to do, Record. I need this to work. I have two baby monitors and it happens with both of them (at different moments).
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation