Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 52 Replies
  • 21 Likes
  • 15 In Conversation
vlatanasov
Initiate
Initiate
Since today the app on both the tablet and mobile phone, both running android couldn't keep the screen on during live stream. It is the first time that the screen of both devices times out and locks while the live stream with sound is running. Even after the screen locks itself, the sound still can be heard but the screen is off. Any suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This issue should be resolved with the latest Android update v 3.6.8

This update is in a phased release, so please keep an eye out for the update to be available in the play store. 

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52
happenin
Tutor
Tutor
Exactly the same here, the screen times out now on both devices. Changed nothing recently but I notice the app updated to a new version a couple of days ago. Have tried factory reset on the tablet and reinstall app with no joy.
thepedro
Initiate
Initiate
Yes I am also experiencing this on Samsung Android tablet.

I've reinstalled the app and checked app permissions, it does have permission to keep tablet awake, so it should not be doing this. Prior to the update this was not an issue.
DAPANIC
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here on our Samsung phones and tablet.

Tried all the troubleshooting as referenced by other users with no luck.
20to20k
Tutor
Tutor

Same here. I believe this was broken in the Arlo Android app version 3.6.3_28450 update. Downgrading to version 3.6.1_28445 of the app fixed it for me.

- uninstall the current app

- Install this one:  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/arlo-technologies-inc/arlo-2/arlo-2-3-6-1_28445-release/arlo-3-6-1_284... 

- Disable updates until it's fixed.

AlexxM
Tutor
Tutor
Hi,

I have an issue with the current update I did on the app yesterday.
I have a Samsung s20+ (Android version 12).
Prior to the update my phone would stay awake all night displaying video and sound and both phone and baby monitor are plugged in.
Since the app, my phone keeps going to sleep. Have checked all settings on my phone.
Any help would be great.

Thanks
zippaN
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem here, made a ticket to arlo support

J4BJ4B
Tutor
Tutor
After the recent update on the 14th April I'm finding that none of my arlo devices will stay on fullscreen. The screen times out and the devices go to their screen saver or off screen. Tried multiple android devices and both on arlo baby and essential.cameras, same issue
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi, Thanks for the feedback

Do you mind providing steps to replicate? Are you just pressing the play button > Line streaming > Leaving you phone/tablet open and the live stream cuts off or the device goes to it's lick screen?

How long does it take before the live stream to cut off and go to the device's Lock Screen (Ex:15,30 sec)?

Thanks 

happenin
Tutor
Tutor
Hi ShayneS.
For me: open app> arlo baby connects to live feed automatically> tap full screen> works fine until >disappears when device screen times out (whatever it is set to). It always stayed open on Arlo baby previously for me and the screen timeout was overidden in fullscreen. Thanks
vlatanasov
Initiate
Initiate
Absolutely identical.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo mobile app are you using as well as OS version on your Android phone? 

AlexxM
Tutor
Tutor
How do you get a ticket through support?
Did you have to call them?
AlexxM
Tutor
Tutor
I'm using the latest version of arlo app 3.6.3_28450
And latest version of Android, version 12.
Had no issues until installing update on app.
20to20k
Tutor
Tutor
Hello ShayneS. The problem exists on the Arlo Android app version 3.6.3_28450. Version 3.6.1_28445 behaves as expected (screen stays on).
thepedro
Initiate
Initiate

I am running a Samsung Tablet with Android 10, as well as the latest version of the Arlo App (3.6.3). 

Blunak
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here since last night on my fire tablet. When i go into full screen live stream, the tablet just shuts off after the standard 1 minute, very frustrating
memckeever
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue with my Amazon fire tablet. Max screen time for Amazon tablet 30 minutes. The app shuts of after 30 minutes while live streaming.
JB09
Tutor
Tutor
I’ll add that the tablet screen shutting off occurs when a video feed is maximized (full screen), not when viewing the thumbnails.

Using an Amazon Fire 7 tablet.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you update to the latest version of the Arlo mobile app v 3.6.4 and test again.

20to20k
Tutor
Tutor
ShayneS. This is still broken in version 3.6.4. Version 3.6.1 continues to work as expected.
JB09
Tutor
Tutor
3.6.4 did not fix the issue for me either
memckeever
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue with updated version. Very frustrating.
AlexxM
Tutor
Tutor
Same here, screen will only stay on all night if I don't put it into full screen mode.
Why not just revert back the version 2 updates ago!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.