Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having an issue with only one of my baby monitors not live streaming. It will live stream for 1 minute to 1 hour before it stops live streaming and I have to hit the “play” button again.
I have tried a hard reset (flipping the back switch and unplugging for 1 minute then switch and plug back in), pushing the reset button, switching locations with the other baby monitor, removing it from my devices and re-adding it. Nothing is working. It says it has full bars for connection and the other monitor is working fine no matter what room it is in. Speed test on our internet is perfect.
Help! This is very frustrating as my daughter has major nightmares and panics when we can’t hear her to come in to comfort her at night.
44 REPLIES 44
Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is this occurring on the web browser or Arlo app. For trouble shooting purposes, You can only stream continuously from the Arlo app. 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is happening on the Arlo app on my iPad and my iPhone.
We have 2 cameras. 1 camera will continuously live stream while the other will constantly stop the live stream.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does it appear the camera is going offline? do you notice an Amber LED by chance around when this issue occurs?

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
No, it does not appear to be going offline. It says it has full bars for internet the entire time. I have not noticed any amber colored light.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have tried support but I don’t pay for a subscription so I don’t have the option for support. Support told me that I would get the help I need here.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I see, I had the wrong info pulled up atm sorry. Let me get with a member of my L3 team and I will get back to you ASAP. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

if it's possible, can you turn off the working Baby cam and leave the non-working ON and do a livestream and see if the issue still occurs? 

Also, is the device with the issue connected via 2.4 or 5 GHz?

Thanks

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Turning off the working camera did not fix the issue.
I don’t understand the last part of your question. Could you help me find out how to answer that for you?
Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant
Husband helped me answer the last part. Both cameras are on 5GHz.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey Megannolet12

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue for you. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Megannolet12

Can you verify if the Video Settings for the Baby camera experiencing the issue is set to Auto Livestreaming > WiFi Only within the video settings?

Thanks 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

It’s on “mobile data and wifi”. Do I need to switch to wifi only? Will that not hinder my ability to check the monitor at places without wifi if I need to? 

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve been having this issue all week all of a sudden all my cameras just stop streaming. Every 20 minutes.  the video settings on my cameras are set to off for auto live-streaming. I haven’t changed anything in over a year and this just started. So Frustrating. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Megannolet12

Thanks, I passed that info to the support team that was requesting the info. The team was asking for Troubleshooting on their end. IF both cameras were having the same issue, I would have said your router may be dropping signal and causing the stream to switch to mobile data, which will stop the stream after a set amount of time to save on bandwidth. WIFI is the only way to utilize the unlimited live streaming feature. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@TwinCitiesJHawk

Thanks for the feedback, I will pass this along as well. I will keep the thread updated as soon as I have more info for you two. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Megannolet12

I have a few questions for you if you don't mind. 

Do you see a little home Icon with WIFI signal bars within it, in the top corner of the live stream when initiating the local live stream?

For trouble shooting purposes, when you are home can you turn off mobile data leaving only the wifi option ON to ensure there's no switching wifi to data. When you leave you can turn mobile back ON.  Please let me know the results.

Also can you try disabling mobile data on you phone and leave wifi on and monitor the camera for any drops in live streaming.

Thanks 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Switching to “wifi only” and turning off mobile data did not fix the issue. 

Megannolet12
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wifi signal bars are always full

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

My issue is mainly only happening on my ipad running OS 15.6.1 (latest) along with the latest arlo app update.

My iphone running 15.6.1 doesnt seem to have the screen time out issue as much as the ipad.  The ipad happens every 20 minutes, the iphone will happen once every few hours.  

Running Eero 6 pro mesh system (For over a year without issues until now). Strong 5ghz wifi all around and the cameras (3 of them) are all close enough to a satellite.   Literally nothing has changed in my house for so long until last week until arlo pushed an update is my guess.

Jstoll91
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, I’m having the same exact issue. Looks like it’s happening to a lot of us right about now. Any updates? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Jstoll91

Thanks for the report, I'm having this investigated at the moment, I'll update the thread ASAP. 

TwinCitiesJHawk
Apprentice
Apprentice

This issue has made all Arlo baby cameras unusable. I’m shocked it’s taking this long to have this issue looked into and fixed

Discussion stats
  • 44 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation