Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fixed: Couldn't connect Arlo Baby ABC1000 to Arlo Secure app on iphone

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
AussieAmber
Tutor
Tutor

Spent ages trying to get this to work but this was the final order of steps to get it connected. The prior experience was the arlo secure app failing to find the camera with a message at the beginning that the arlo camera was already in homekit despite me never having used the Apple Home app before. I even tried uninstalling the apple home app but alas to no avail. 

Steps to fix:

1. Ensure phone is connected to 2.4GHz wifi network. 

2. Use the Apple Home app to add the Arlo baby using the 8-digit code under the base of the device (looks something like 445-XX-XXX). Adding using the QR code on the base of the device didn't work. 

3. Once the camera is set up in Apple Home. Remove the camera as a device in Apple home. I know this sounds counter intuitive but is a necessary step to get Arlo Secure app recognising the camera. You can add the camera to Apple home kit after you connect to the arlo secure app. 

4. Hard reset the camera for 10 seconds. 

4. Open the Arlo secure app and add the Arlo Baby device as per the app steps.  

1 REPLY 1
SimBurg
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is SO CLOSE to working for me, thanks for posting (and I can see a ton of other people that this might help).

I hard reset the camera whilst in Apple Home and, as the camera comes back to life, it appears in the list of accessories so I select it, type in the 8 digit number on the base, and it connects fine.

I then deleted it, hard reset the camera, and re-tried the Arlo Secure app - but no dice.

So, hard reset again, reconnect to Apple Home, *leave it connected* and go through the Arlo Secure setup. I have to use the QR code route and I get the chime, followed by the dreaded dah-dah-dah-daaaah failure tones BUT the camera pops up and lets me change it's name.

So now I have it in Arlo Secure but it says it's not connected. Apple Home still working fine, nothing in Arlo Secure.

So close, but no cigar. Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issues and tried other permutations?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation