Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
My Arlo baby camera has stopped recording to the library. I checked all the settings, and the FAQ under subscriptions says that Arlo baby should always have rolling 7 day recording. My library has no videos in it. How can I fix this?
23 REPLIES 23
Heili8701
Aspirant
Aspirant
experienced the same, basically all the videos recorded in arlo baby are gone since today. Please fix this asap
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Bk90 and Heili8701,

Try reading this article to learn why you may not be receiving recordings in your Arlo library: Why are there no recordings in the Arlo Library?

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi-
This is a baby camera, and so my understanding is there should be 7 days of recordings. I am the one who set up the camera, and I have done all the steps in the article within the past couple days and had no change. I still have no recordings in my library.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Are you receiving notifications from your Arlo Baby when audio/motion is detected? 

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I am receiving notifications. And the device shows a live feed. But when I click on library, nothing is there. I’ve validated that the settings are set to record video (about 50 times at this point)
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try power cycling your Arlo Baby and see if that helps. You can read here to learn how to power cycle: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes I did try that. I also no longer have the option to record on the camera video. When I get notifications and open the app there is a red bubble over library with a number but when I click library there are no recordings.

Since this seems to be a widespread issue, is there something on the back end where recordings were disabled for baby cameras even though they aren’t supposed to require a subscription? It has now been a long time without the recordings.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Could you provide a screenshot of the red bubble shows over the library with a number AND screenshot of the your library where you're not seeing any recordings?

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Picture 1
63E611E1-E054-484F-A6EE-8DAA1AAFAE5A.png
Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Picture 2. Clicking library makes the number go away, but this picture was taken just before clicking library
AE40B93F-A364-4951-90EB-47FC2B9051F5.png
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for those screenshots. We released a new version of the Arlo iOS app, which is version 3.5.10. Could you try updating the app through the iOS App Store and try setting it up again to see if that helps?

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
I updated the app and did a full reset/ set up of the camera again. I still get the red bubbles but there are no recordings in my library.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for letting us know. We've informed the development team about this and shared your screenshots to them as well. We'll provide an update when we receive more information from the team.

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Has there been any update on this issue?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

The development team checked on this and said you should be receiving recordings from your Arlo Baby as of today. Could you check to see if you're still not receiving recordings?

Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still not receiving recordings. Nothing has changed from my end
Bk90
Aspirant
Aspirant
Also I see that you edited your comment, since the original I it on 12/16 (I still have the email) says the developers were still checking. What date did they say I should have started seeing recordings?
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I edited the message as the development team informed me that they were able to see your Arlo Baby receiving recordings after I posted my message that they were looking into the issue.

Let me reach out to you to gather some information from you via private message.

kfcKCHmch2019
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having this exact same issue with my Arlo baby camera right now. I've done all of the steps you did previously, but no luck. I removed the device from the app, and now I can't add it back on. I'm so dependent on this baby cam, so it's super disappointing that after 3 years, it's not working for me anymore. Any help from an Arlo staff member would be greatly appreciated.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kfcKCHmch2019

Have you tried to manually factory reset the camera? I have provided the steps here: https://kb.arlo.com/1282685/How-do-I-reset-Arlo-Baby-to-factory-default-settings

kfcKCHmch2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello @ShayneS,

Yes, I have tried resetting the camera using those steps as well as using the switch on the bottom of the camera to turn it on and off. In a desperate attempt to remedy my issues with the camera, I "removed the device" from my Arlo app, and now I can't add it back on unfortunately.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@kfcKCHmch2019

Do you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app 3.6.4 installed? Have you tried pairing over the web portal on a pc?

kfcKCHmch2019
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I have the latest version of the Arlo app (3.6.4) installed. I tried pairing over the web portal on my laptop, and still no luck. The light and music buttons don't work either. When I hold down the Sync button, the light is a solid amber. It doesn't blink or turn blue anymore.

Discussion stats
  • 23 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation