Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Jspu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firmware 1.8.5.3._21226 Just bought Arlo Baby. Mic on camera does not seem to pic up any audio. Mic is turned on in app and volume full on iPad -nowt but static hiss. , No firmware updates available, device has been reset but no change. I can hear audio on the camera from the iPad mic. But not the other way around. Advice please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jspu
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was a faulty unit. Replacement works as expected.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Jspu,

Just to make sure, are you saying that after you use the mic and let go, no audio comes out after? Or are you saying that the mic does not work when holding it down?

If you are saying that the mic is not working after holding the mic down, make sure that you gave mic permission on the app. You can check this by tapping on the iPhone/iPad settings > Arlo > Microphone. If you see it toggled on, try to toggle it off and back on and see if that makes the mic work.

Jspu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JessicaP,

Thanks for checking up. The issue is the other way around. I can talk into the playback device (iPad, iPhone or PC) and my voice comes out of the camera.

But the issue is that the camera picks up no sound. So I can't hear anything on the playback device. This also means that it does not trigger any sound triggered notifications.

Having tried reinstalling, playback on a range of devices I have concluded the mic on the camera is not picking up sound so have sent it back to the shop as faulty. Fingers crossed the replacement will work out of the box.

J

Jspu
Aspirant
Aspirant

It was a faulty unit. Replacement works as expected.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation