Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Tommy2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our arlo baby camera lost connection tonight and won't reconnect. Tried restarting the device from the app, power cycling using the button, and factory resetting the camera with a paper clip. When trying to reconnect the camera will recognize the qr code and chime however it then fails and says no arlo devices detected. Tried it about 12 times with multiple devices. Also noticed out of the 12 times that about 3 of those times a sequence of 4 beeps are emitted from the camera. Each beep sounds lower than the previous one. Didn't know if those 4 beeps meant the camera was bricked? Any help is appreciated.
Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are still investigating this issue you are experiencing and I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

37 REPLIES 37
MRyanNYC
Star
Star

Hey ShayneS,

You seem to be the only one here with some power, and your replies are appreciated.

I’m in the same boat as others here.  ArloBaby stopped working about 6 months ago, disconnected from WiFi and could not be re-added.  I left it unplugged after many factory resets and onboard processes (QR code method) failed repeatedly.  

I finally plugged it in again tonight for the first time and thought maybe a newer version of the iOS app would do the trick, but same issues:

1 - Plug in camera and wait for orange light.

2 - Use iOS app to try to add.

3 - Told it’s in HomeKit (it’s not) but not Arlo…isn’t found.

4 - Choose QR code method, scan code, get chime.

5 - Flashes blue a long time, eventually giving 4-tone error sound.

I’m a tech consultant myself…I’ve done everything others have and I’m also convinced my camera is bricked and needs a replacement.  I don’t have a paid plan, and don’t want to speak to anyone via chat.  I just want an RMA to replace this camera.  Willing to pay a fee to do so.  

What can we do?  Thanks!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MRyanNYC

Did you perform a factory reset per my previous post? Try factory resetting then going through the onboard process within the Arlo app again.

Thanks 

Leahmark
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine connected last night for the first time in forever. I did follow the factory reset instructions with a paper clip while powered on. Then I unplugged it and plugged it back in (to regain the solid orange) I then followed the prompts and much to my amazement, it worked!! It found it without using the QR code method. That was a first as well.
MRyanNYC
Star
Star

Yes Shayne, I did do the factory reset as well (multiple times last night) to no avail.

Factory reset … latest Arlo iOS app … not found directly by Arlo … try QR method … chime … no internet connection made … 4-tone error sound

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue on my end.  Would it be possible to have a case opened?

Leahmark
Aspirant
Aspirant
My camera has been working since last week when ShayneS said the problem appeared fixed. I did use a paper clip to do the factory reset after removing the ears. I think I held that for 30 sec. I can’t quite recall but I followed ShayneS post for how to do that. It was plugged in and powered on to do the reset. I then unplugged it for 30 sec and tried the finding process
MRyanNYC
Star
Star

I’m definitely pleased that some people are seeing the “Factory Reset and Try Again” method working for them.  Unfortunately, this is not the case for me and some others.  Everything I’ve said in previous messages remains the same…it does not work.

Three questions:

1 - Does ArloBaby work well with 5 GHz networks?  I have an Orbi system with a single SSID, no distinguishing between the 2 and 5.  That should not be a problem right?

2 - Every time I try to set up, I initially get the message “We see Arlo device in your HomeKit devices list which is not in Arlo yet.” This is on the screen where is says “Found Cameras”, but it spins forever and never finds it.

I have removed my Arlo BabyCam from HomeKit entirely, so why does this message keep appearing?  Is it possible this is related to why the QR code method would fail?  (Shouldn’t be.)

3 - For those where this fix doesn’t work, what’s the next step?  I’ve had no access to this camera for over 6 months, and so I don’t think an app update is going to get it sorted out.  Thanks!

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant
1- I also have 2.4 and 5ghz on one SSID, it shouldn’t be an issue.

2- I had the same exact problem.

3- keep badgering them, I eventually got a replacement unit (just had to pay return shipping), and the new unit works. Something got royally broken during an update at some point.
MRyanNYC
Star
Star

Thanks for the response, Badger.  (Now I see how you got your name...by badgering people.)  🙂

I feel better knowing that the situation I've described has been seen by others, and has been resolved with a replacement.  As a tech consultant by trade, I'm definitely of the opinion that this is a hardware issue for some.  Not for everyone, but for my camera (and your camera, and some others).

Is there a link to Arlo Baby firmware updates someplace?  I'd like to see if the timing of my camera dying coincides with a firmware update delivery.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MRyanNYC

You can find a full list of the firmware versions here: Firmware release notes

MRyanNYC
Star
Star
@ShayneS

Thanks for the firmware update list! Seems like it may have been around the May 3rd Arlo Baby update where things went awry. Can’t be sure though, since I can’t check my firmware version. 🙂

So what’s next? Is there a way to fast track a replacement? Thank you.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@MRyanNYC,

Please find Arlo's warranty information here: Limited Hardware Warranty

MRyanNYC
Star
Star

@ShayneS 

I looked at the warranty info.  And there’s no question my camera is well beyond the 1 year warranty.   (2 years and 4 months old, to be exact.)

So the question is…if you have a camera that worked fine for roughly a year and a half, and then suddenly ends up bricked for no apparent reason (potentially after a firmware update, but not entirely sure), is there really no other option other than throwing it away and buying another?

If that’s so, I will throw it away and delete my Arlo app and move on.  But are there any alternatives to this?  No way to pay a fee for a refurb/replacement of some kind, other than a brand new purchase at full price?

Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation