Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo baby lost connection and won't reconnect

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Tommy2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our arlo baby camera lost connection tonight and won't reconnect. Tried restarting the device from the app, power cycling using the button, and factory resetting the camera with a paper clip. When trying to reconnect the camera will recognize the qr code and chime however it then fails and says no arlo devices detected. Tried it about 12 times with multiple devices. Also noticed out of the 12 times that about 3 of those times a sequence of 4 beeps are emitted from the camera. Each beep sounds lower than the previous one. Didn't know if those 4 beeps meant the camera was bricked? Any help is appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

This issue should now be resolved, can you perform a factory reset on your baby cameras & onboard them again. You can find instruction on how to perform this here: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

View solution in original post

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

We are still investigating this issue you are experiencing and I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

37 REPLIES 37
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to onboard using the desktop browser?

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same exact thing happened to me.  Tried everything, can't get the camera to show back up in the app.  And Arlo won't even allow customer support without a paid service plan, which is BS.  So they apparently just decided to brick our devices, and not even allow us to contact them to fix it.  I was able to re-add it through HomeKit, so I can at least use the basic functionality there, but that doesn't allow any of the advanced features.  I'm pretty ticked off. 

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just tried to add it using a desktop browser, and that didn't work either.  I'm guessing Arlo pushed an update and broke it, but I can't even tell because I can't get into the camera settings at all. 

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have no idea if Arlo pushed an update that bricked the baby cameras, or what.  But it would only show up as being offline, no matter what.  I tried power cycling, while plugged in, while unplugged, reconnecting the wifi, messing with my router, using a different router, and several attempts at factory resetting, nothing works.  

Neither the app nor the web interface will find the camera, it just searches for a few minutes, then says it fails.  Tried at least a dozen times, zero success.  I see in this community that a lot of others are having the same issue, and I really hope Arlo will do something to fix this!  But since I can't even get the camera added to the app, can it even be fixed with a firmware update?  Beyond frustrated. The camera is now just a paperweight with bunny ears. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to reboot the cam or a factory reset? What is the error message you receive when trying to onboard to the Arlo app or desktop?

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant

If its the app, it won't find it on its own, so all you can do is the QR code method.  It does chime, then just says "Looking for your Arlo device. Searching for any available Arlo Devices. This may take several minutes."  The web portal does the same thing.  Both through the app and the portal, it just searches and searches, and then fails. 

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried rebooting and a factory reset, many attempts.  It just won't find the camera no matter what, and won't allow it to be added. 

Tommy2020
Aspirant
Aspirant
Badger, I was able to get it working surprisingly. I didn't do anything special. Just left it unplugged for about 72 hours and when I plugged it back in, it was able to find the device after scanning the qr code.
BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ll have to give it a shot, I guess… doesn’t make much sense, but ya never know. I’ll just let it die and leave it for a while.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Bunny21
Aspirant
Aspirant

My baby Arlo did the same thing. I've now followed every piece of advice, including unplugging for 72hrs and still nothing.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello everyone, if you are still experiencing this issue can you try factory reseting you Baby cameras one more time then try and onboard the camera again.

Thank you

Bunny21
Aspirant
Aspirant
I tried. Nothing happened again. Same solid Amber LED and camera can’t be found.
BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant

No change.  It does find the camera and shows the MAC address, it connects the camera to the network, and when you press "done" in the corner, it then goes to the "looking for device" screen, and fails.  Same thing if I try via QR scan.  The camera chimes, then goes to the looking for device screen, fails again.  

If I add the camera to HomeKit, I can see everything that is allowed in HomeKit, so the camera IS connecting to my wifi, but it will not add to the Arlo app, leaving a lot of features unavailable.  Something is seriously broken with the app or the firmware.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are still investigating this issue you are experiencing and I will provide another update as soon as possible. 

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant
If it helps, this is the screen it gets to. It is already connected to the network at this point, as I can add it to homekit and view it through that, but it fails every time I try to add it to the arlo app. Whether it finds the camera after a reset, or I add it via QR code, it is the same step, the wording varies a little bit, but it fails every time.
35D4626C-6DB2-4B94-84C1-687C7CD39E1A.png
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @BadgerPharm37

Can you try a factory reset while the camera is powered on once more? You can find the steps here:  How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was able to get my camera swapped out, the replacement took a few attempts, but was able to get it set up and working correctly. The only real issue Currently is that none of the downloaded songs work, only the original tracks that are preloaded. Any way these could be fixed so we have a better choice of songs/sounds?
catchappell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I’m still unable to add my baby camera. I tried again yesterday. The camera is successfully in my Apple HomeKit app, and the Arlo app recognizes that there is a camera in Apple HomeKit that is not in the Arlo app, but it fails to discover the camera. I tried multiple ways to get it added, including, but not limited to restarting the camera, adding the camera using the QR code, allowing the app to search for the camera. Nothing has worked.
BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant
Stay on them. It took a lot of back and forth, but they eventually offered to replace my camera, I just had to pay shipping to send my camera back. The replacement camera worked just as it used to. My problems sound exactly the same as yours, and a few other peoples comments I’ve seen. It’s pretty obvious that a firmware update or something must’ve broken a number of units.
Leahmark
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same problem. My daughter starting having the problem this summer so I picked up her camera at Christmas to try to add to my app. No luck. I’ve tried all of these things and the bunny will connect to my wifi just cannot be found by the app. It is in the list of devices connected to my router. Please help
Leahmark
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is this issue still being worked on? I could really use the help
BadgerPharm37
Aspirant
Aspirant
Request a replacement. Something they did broke a number of these cameras, and there doesn’t seem to be any currently available fix. I did have to pay return shipping, but the replacement camera they sent me worked. I had the same exact issue as you.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hello, 

This issue should now be resolved, can you perform a factory reset on your baby cameras & onboard them again. You can find instruction on how to perform this here: How do I reset Arlo Baby to factory default settings?

Discussion stats
  • 37 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation