Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
moniquenav
Follower
Follower

Hi,

We just purchased an Arlo baby second hand. I am trying to set it up using the app however the app doesn't seem to be discovering the device. I had reset the device, both my phone and the app are on the same wifi and I do get the chime with the QR code.

Could I please get some help with what may be causing the issue? Its really frustrating and I don't know what else to do.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

first here;

https://www.netgear.com/images/pdf/arloproduct/arlo-baby-user-manual.pdf

Then be careful that the router does not use special characters in the pw

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
LisaMarie143
Aspirant
Aspirant
Did you find a solution to this ? I am having the same problem ..
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi LisaMarie143,

Have you tried what TomMac/StephenB suggested above?

jutitoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
I see articles dating back to 2017 with this problem.

Worked for 9 months and stopped. I've power cycled, factory reset, and removed the device from account but to no avail

The frustrating thing is that I get a solid blue light and the MAC address shows up on my network. But phones, tablet, and PC all cannot discover the camera
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey jutitoo,

What error message are you seeing when trying to stream your Arlo baby?

jutitoo
Aspirant
Aspirant
No error msg; keeps spinning on discovery. I was able to reach someone on chat and got a replacement expedited to us. But of course, a disappointment! I paid to expedite and was sent a dud. Doesn't even boot up. I'm still waiting to hear back 😒 If I don't hear back by end of the week, I will file a claim against the shipping charge and return the camera to Costco bc my patience has run dry. Day 12 of no baby cam; not exactly a reliable and reassuring product for a parent
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You mentioned you got it replaced by the support team. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation