Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
squishylemon
Follower
Follower

For the past few nights, I have been having trouble viewing the live stream. It'll work for a while but then I noticed that the baby hasn't moved around in a while, so I stopped and restarted the live stream to make sure it's still working fine and got the error "The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming. Please check if the device is connected to the Internet else reboot it and try again." However, this is simply not true because I still get audio alerts! The live stream will be stuck like this until I go reboot the camera. This is very frustrating because 1. I don't know whether a peaceful, sleeping baby means a happy baby or a failed connection, and 2. the camera will not try to reconnect until I go unplug and replug the camera back, risking to wake a sleeping baby. The live stream won't work on any devices that we have tried: browser, iPhones, tablets, etc. Is there a way to fix this? 

Also, can we please have a way to see the current time of the image so we know how stale the stream is? Because connectivity issues do happen once in a while no matter how robust your network is and stale stream seems to be the norm instead of an exception.

23 REPLIES 23
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

squishylemon,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

darkiss
Star
Star

I am having this same issue and no one has been able to help me!

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

darkiss,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

MMayhew
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've been having the same issue. Rebooting the device doesn't work. Sometimes I'll come back after an hour and it will miraculously be working again but I need a constant streaming service!

darkiss
Star
Star

Yes I am still having the same issue and appears no one from Netgear cares this is very disapointing!

tyguy735
Aspirant
Aspirant

+1

I am having the same issue.

Rexyi
Tutor
Tutor
Hi James.
I’m having the same issue here.
It works for a few days and then all of a sudden I get the streaming service error. Camera still connected as I can go into the device settings and motion settings.
What is the fix ?
circleglider
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem, but even more pernicious: live video & audio are up-to-date in a web broswer that has been continuously streaming, but any new connection attempt from another device results in the dreaded error “The streaming service reports that the device is not streaming...”

pb2313
Initiate
Initiate

I am having the same issue.  This is unacceptable.  I really need to be able to see what's going on.

FrustratedUser8
Aspirant
Aspirant

AM having the same problem and I'm so dissapointed with Arlo Baby's Monitor. I've spent the whole day trying to fix the connection issue and I'm beginning to think it's more of a hardware issue which is something beyond me.

I bought 2 baby monitor (Different brand, thank god) and the cheaper brand is the one which is not giving me any problems at all.

Arlo please try to fix this connection issue. Everything I log on to my DESKTOP it says ' The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming '. On my Iphone it works.. sometimes. I'll have to go reset everything and it works after that. Unfortunately after a while it happens again. This is unreliable and worse your baby monitor is one of the most expensive in the market.

Please let me know how to fix it or else find a way for me to return it with credit.

valentino1984
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue where I keep getting the error "The streaming service is reporting that the device is not streaming. Please check if the device is connected to the Internet else reboot it and try again". I'm not sure how to get around this issue as I've reset it multiple times. Further, my camera will not record video even through there is obvious movement within a 6 hour period.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

FrustratedUser8, valentino1984

What is the LED behavior on your Arlo Baby when you experience this error message?

What do the different LED behaviors on my Arlo Baby camera mean?

JamesC

valentino1984
Aspirant
Aspirant

The LED light is blue as if the camera is connected and should be streaming/recording. I've reset it a couple of times this morning, it will work for about 30 minutes and then sporadically have the same streaming error.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

valentino1984,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

another813
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issues for me. I have a tablet working, but the desktop and browser do not work. I have tried different browsers and when the message comes up for one they all have the message. All it takes is for me to go to video history and when I come back to the video feed it has that message. Quite frustrating. I bought it when he was younger, but now that he is older and in his own room I really want it to work. Sometimes the tablet does not work either and sits their buffering, we really need for it to connect directly to our devices and secondary to the arlo mothership.

I have great internet and a great wireless network and have no issues with any other devices. We need this fixed ASAP.

Thanks,

Daniel

Clairezona
Aspirant
Aspirant
We're having the same issue. Bought this in store just before he was born (December ish) and tested it, seemed to work okay and didn't think anything else of it. Now that we're working on him sleeping in his crib - we need this thing to work - only to discover it constantly buffers and occasionally only shows a black screen. Rarely do we see high quality reliable images.

Have tested my internet and moved the thing around his nursery. We have dual band, works the same on both the 5 and 2.4. Even purchased two separate wifi extenders just in case (his room was measuring at 300mbps+, which should be sufficient for streaming). Everything else works in there including laptops - where we tested and had Netflix 4k running just fine.

Spent over $200 on this because we wanted something reliable from a reliable company... And I dont trust it at all. Is there an update coming to fix this issue or can we send this thing back? It appears to be a global issue that your company had not yet addressed...
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clairezona,

What device are you using that is having this behavior? (iOS, Android, PC)

Do you see the same behavior regardless of the device you're using? 

JamesC

Clairezona
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello! Two different Androids (Samsung S9+), a Samsung tablet, an HP desktop, and a new Surface Pro.... All with the same issue.
suilobo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting the same error on any Windows 10 PC using any browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Internet Explorer, etc). Have noticed that whenever this happens I have to open the stream on my iPhone first (which never has a problem loading the stream), wait about 5 minutes with it streaming on the iPhone, and then will be able to load the stream on the PC (using the same account). 

circleglider
Aspirant
Aspirant

@JamesC wrote:

valentino1984,

Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

After wasting over three hours on the phone with Netgear’s useless “Arlo Support Team” — and still experiencing repeated instances when live streaming just won’t work — I’ve returned all of my Arlo cameras for a full refund and have bought a Logitech Circle 2 camera.

Live streaming works great with Logitech.

rex_
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue with Arlo baby, Android app works most of the time, but iOS app gets this error message everyday, I have to unplug and plug the device everyday, very annoying.
AdanGalindo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, I did rebooth the camera several times with no success.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

AdanGalindo,

What exactly is the issue you are experiencing with your device?