Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Suzie721
Tutor
Tutor
All of a sudden and out of no where the baby Arlo camera started alarming really loudly. I don’t know why this happened and it was the first time it occurred. I didn’t press the red alarm icon on my phone app (I don’t even know what that button does, does it activate the siren?) Please help as it was very loud and it startled both me and my baby.
5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I would check the rules in the mode your using to verify the alarm isn't set.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Suzie721
Tutor
Tutor
I checked all the settings and I couldn’t see anything about a siren. Where do I look exactly?
Neal_ArloPLM
Arlo Employee Retired

@Suzie721  - has this occurred again since your first report?  The Arlo Baby camera does not have a built-in Siren feature, although it can play lullabies or white noise sounds.  The music player can be activated either from the Arlo app, or from the bottom button on the right-hand side of the camera.

Please let us know if you have had any further examples of this on your Arlo Baby camera.

Swj3883
Aspirant
Aspirant
My baby monitor camera started doing the same thing today. Nothing shows as faulting or tripping an alarm, but a sound from the speaker sounds like an alarm. I rebooted the camera and the sound stopped. I really do not want this to happen while my baby is sleeping or someone is watching our kid and freaks out because of an alarm that isn’t real.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Swj3883

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation