Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
JPH3
Aspirant
Aspirant
When I opened the Arlo app today, I was prompted to allow Arlo to make and manage phone calls. Anyone else get this or know why our Arlo Baby would need these permissions?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JPH3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like it's a part of the Arlo Smart package that I don't subscribe to. I'm using the baby cam which doesn't make calls, but I guess for some cams it will route you to the nearest emergency resoidner in case you need help.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Radses
Aspirant
Aspirant
Grr, May be Try reading the update notes
Elstepherino
Initiate
Initiate

Grrr, maybe if they mentioned even a small teeny tiny bit about Arlo managing my phone calls and numbers.

I got the same request.  So I read the Nov21 release notes and whatdaya know...  Nothing about this.

Should I spend my morning reading through every release note since Arlos's inception?  Better yet, maybe  quick email about the update... 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's for E911 calls.

Supermax
Aspirant
Aspirant
I got the same message so should we accept or deny arlo being able to make or manage phone calls seems I can't change my alarm mode if I deny??
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's truly not a problem to accept but you can always change your choice in the phone settings for the Arlo app if you decide otherwise.

manning
Initiate
Initiate

The permission to make and recieve calls thing I had to accept. Can someone please explain it to me in further detail or point in the right direction to find the info. Thanks so much

manning
Initiate
Initiate

From what I understand it has something to do with E911 calls, but what exactly? I don't want my phone making calls and such, sorry, new to the system. Any info. would be very helpful

JPH3
Aspirant
Aspirant
Looks like it's a part of the Arlo Smart package that I don't subscribe to. I'm using the baby cam which doesn't make calls, but I guess for some cams it will route you to the nearest emergency resoidner in case you need help.

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/landing/arlosmart/
defiant22
Initiate
Initiate

Really annoying that everytime you go into the app it prompts for phone permissions and claims it needs them for "notifications". Serious privacy issue since this gives them access to your call log. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's for e911. Enable it or deal with the notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation