Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby: Amber light not turning on

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Arlobabycanada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi
I have a NAS100 version of the Arlo baby. It is brand new. I turned it on, and the amber light started blinking, and I followed the instructions to push the sync button for 2 seconds. The camera light turned blue, recognized the QR code on my phone and chimed, but it wouldn't connect. The blue light wouldn't stop blinking, and it wouldn't reconnect / chime when I tried to connect it to my 2.4G network (just in case it was the fact that I was trying to connect it to my 5G network prior). That didn't work.

I pushed the reset button for 10 seconds, nothing.

I left it unplugged until the light stopped blinking, then plugged it back in to try again...but now the amber light won't even turn on. I pushed the reset button, the sync buttton, but the device isn't responding to anything. What is going on and how can I get this working?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Arlobabycanada,

From what you've described, it sounds like it will take more in-depth troubleshooting to identify the cause of this issue. Please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate.You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Arlobabycanada
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

I was able to hard reboot the Arlo Baby, but it wouldn't connect to my 5G network. I have it on 2.4G right now and the feed is choppy with random pixelization happening constantly. My Arlo Baby updated once I booted it up, so I assume I have the latest firmware. Any solution to how to make sure this camera has a feed that isn't choppy? Thanks 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I've had issues with various devices connecting to a 5GHz SSID that used the high channels (triple digit channels) when the speed in the router was set to the max. Dropping that channel's speed to a mid-level setting allowed them to connect. Dunno why, just has.

The lower channels (double digits) work fine at full speed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation