Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

We have an Arlo baby cam and the iOS app is playing up.

On the main account on my iPad 9.7 and iPhone 7 it works flawlessly, but on my wife’s iPhone 8 and iPad Air, it continually logs out / Closes. My wife has a guest account. I have deleted and reinstalled it, set the iPad not to close... I even used a blank spare iPhone 6s and the same issue...

what could be be going On?

cheers JB

33 REPLIES 33
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ronanh2002,

The latest app update addressed some bugs that caused the app to crash, are you sure you have the llatest version shown here: Release Notes - iOS App 2.4.4 - 27th September 2017

Are you still experiencing this issue after this update?

JamesC

finn4321
Star
Star

My Arlo app (latest 2.4.4) running on an iPad Mini (iOS 11.0.1) also logs me out or crashes randomly. Totally defeats the purpose of a baby monitor.

Jan1972
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here still the same problem and have al the updates. Its 2018 now
Natalia14gg
Aspirant
Aspirant
My begun like your problem now isn’t working.. I mean I synced it there is the sound (supposed to be okay) but then it doesn’t connect at all!!! This is not supposed to happen.... They don’t take responsibility they only blame your router and anything else but themselves... very disappointed...
Jan1972
Aspirant
Aspirant

So Netgear, a lot of people have this problem. Is my camera still recording on motion if i dont use the app when it is login out after 30 min?

When are you comming whit some more information to solve this problem?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jan1972, Natalia14gg

It's not clear what issue you are trying to describe. Can you give a more detailed explanation of what you're experiencing?

Jan1972,

Yes, even if you are logged out from the app, as long as your camera is Armed, it will record motion.

JamesC

mrdrew
Tutor
Tutor
Did anyone find instructions for disabling battery optimization for the Arlo app on iPhone?
steve_t
Master Master
Master

@mrdrew wrote:
Did anyone find instructions for disabling battery optimization for the Arlo app on iPhone?

Isn't it called Background Refresh on iOS?

mrdrew
Tutor
Tutor
Discussion stats
  • 33 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation