Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’ve recently noticed that my white noise now has a slight pause after the 15 second click restarts... it used to overlap and you didn’t notice the recycle of the 15 second clip.

ive tried a hard reset and re added it to my account... but still doing it... please help.

34 REPLIES 34
NicPi
Initiate
Initiate

The Arlo Baby currently doesn't play "continuous" white noise.  Every track stops for 1 second, before playing the next track, including if the same track is played on a loop.  The track "white noise" lasts for 15 seconds, so the "white noise" is broken by gaps every 15 seconds.  A similar track "canyon river" lasts 1min9sec, but breaks every 1min9seconds. 

Customer support (live chat) has confirmed that this is not yet flagged as an issue in Netgear's systems, which I find very suprising.  A community forum post here suggests the matter was first raised in September 2018, and Netgear has yet to provide a solution (https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Baby/Arlo-Baby-white-noise-loop-not-continuous/td-p/1634782).

White noise is essentially useless if it has gaps.

The solution is simple - please fix the firmware to provide gapless playback.

tbearwilson
Initiate
Initiate

Will a solution for continuous white noise be released this quarter, Q3?

Ryther
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I second this. Please just fix the issue so we can all use the product for what it’s intended for.
DoinitSideways
Apprentice
Apprentice
It’s only been nearly a year now....
SammyNZ
Star
Star
So here’s a nice surprise! Last night I noticed that our Arlo Baby music playlist had reset itself back to defaults.

We currently only use the white noise. So colour me surprised and slightly delighted that after all this time the white noise is now a continuous loop without any interruptions.

It took a while but somebody on the team finally got this right. Well done!
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We appreciate everyone's patience regarding this. We would like to say that this issue is now resolved. Make sure you are running the latest Arlo Baby firmware version, which is 1.9.9.0_808

If you're still experiencing the issue where the white noise is not working properly, please let us know.

Qordon
Aspirant
Aspirant
I do not believe this issue is resolved. From what I can see the 14s White Noise works. All other sounds stick have a short glitch when they loop back around. From what I'm seeing it looks like a workaround is in place to get white noise working but nothing else. Personally I think white noise is too harsh so I'm looking for something like pink or brown. Rapid Water Flow sounds about right but it's not usable as it glitches every 10s.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey Qordon,

The fix was specifically on the white noise loop problem. If you're having problems with other sounds, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Kirsten_B
Guide
Guide
Hi Jessica
My white noise still has a break in the audio.

I have confirmed that I am using the correct firmware.

Please let me know what my next step should be.

Also, re: only one audio track being "fixed" -i think it's a bit ridiculous you're expecting us to open a new support case for each audio track we use. Its been over 12mo and our products are still not fit for purpose.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Kirsten_B,

We have tested the Arlo Baby with the latest firmware version (Arlo Baby FW 1.9.9.0_808) with the white noise and was unable to replicate the issue where the break is still happening. If you're having problems, please contact the Support Team to help you with this further. You'll find different ways to contact support in the provided link.