Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby use music player through HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
DaveM8686
Star
Star

I've been trying to figure this out for a while.  Is it possible to use the inbuilt music/white noise player through HomeKit?  Every single other setting from the Baby (except the library) is available through the Home App, and it's so frustrating that this one isn't.  I've set up a Scene for putting my baby to bed, which dims the overhead lights and turns on the nightlight to a certain setting and colour, but I can't start it playing white noise, so I have to go into Arlo app as well to do that.  So annoying and unnecessary.  Even just giving the Arlo app access to Siri Shortcuts would be helpful, so I could activate my HomeKit Scene and the white noise from one button still.

4 REPLIES 4
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi DaveM8686,

It is not possible to use the in-built music/white noise player for your Arlo Baby through HomeKit. You will need to use the native Arlo app to use the music player.

DaveM8686
Star
Star

Hi, is there any reason for this?  Seems a bit counter-intuitive.  Is there at least any plans to add SiriKit to the Baby so I can use Siri Shortcuts to turn this on and off?

DaveM8686
Star
Star

Hello?  Any word on this?

Benjaminmumford
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am with you on this. I have scenes set up with lights for our bedtime routine and would be great if I could add the music player to start at the same time. Confused why we can't even do that through Siri Shortcuts or IFTTT

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation