Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby turning on Live View and transmitting sound through the app by itself!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Zzzzzzzzzz
Luminary
Luminary

More and more Arlo Baby issues....

Even though Auto Live View is turned off on all my Arlo Baby cameras. They have been going to Auto Live View every time I open the app--no way to stop this. But now it's gotten even worse. Now, the cameras will activate by itself even when I'm not using my phone! This has been happening for perhaps a week now.

For example, when I am watching TV with my phone next to me, all of a sudden I will hear strange voices coming from my phone. It's an Arlo Baby camera that has activated itself, and the TV sound is being picked up by the microphone and is being transmitted through the app. There is no triggering activity and no recording. And what's even worse is that the Arlo app does not show the Arlo Baby camera as being active even thought it's picking up sound and transmitting through the app. The only ways to stop the Arlo Baby from in this state is to either actually manually initiate a Live View or disable the camera. It's very creepy....

Anyone else noticing these type of issues with Arlo Baby initiating Live Views or activiting by itself?

@ShayneS  Can you please add this to the issues that Development is trouble-shooting with Arlo Baby?

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I provided the additional info to the team.

Thanks 

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation