Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
adambean
Luminary
Luminary
Hey all,

Camera has worked perfectly for a year. Did nothing to it and all of the sudden it's no longer accessible through the app, and the light is solid amber.

Removed from my devices and did a factory reset (held in paperclip for 10 seconds), and nothing changes. Solid amber, can't get it to turn blue when syncing nor will it read QR.

Have tried draining the battery, turning on and off the bottom switch, while charging and not. Can not get anywhere!

Help

Thanks
93 REPLIES 93
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Wildcraw

Did you receive my reply above?

Thanks 

Wildcraw
Aspirant
Aspirant

We unplugged it. Hard reset. Power Cycled and hard rest.  But the amber light was constant.

Vitom
Aspirant
Aspirant

HI My serial Number is: A122097EA14A6

Please Help Me with the solide Amber LED Statut of my camera.

Thanks.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Vitom

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

huch
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Baby just did the same thing. It was working good and now it's stuck and won't connect. 

I've ran through all the troubleshooting steps listed in the previous posts. 

kalydydetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

Could you pls help me too? I have totally the same problem. Thank you in advance!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @kalydydetti

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

kalydydetti
Aspirant
Aspirant

I removed from my devices and did a factory reset (held in for 10, 30, 60 seconds), and nothing changes. Solid amber, can't get it to turn blue when syncing.
Have tried draining the battery, turning on and off the bottom switch, while charging and not.

kalydydetti
Aspirant
Aspirant
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @kalydydetti

I'm pending an update from my team. I just requested more info. 

Tjtennispro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine does the same. It also won’t record nor update. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Tjtennispro

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

jamestylin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same thing happened to my arlo baby, is there a fix yet? Thank you

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jamestylin

jamestylin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi ShayneS

I have unpluged, the solid amber light still there

I have tried hardware reset, the solid amber light still there

I left it until the power ran out, and replug it in. The device would not power on.

I tried hardware reset again, the device still won't power on.

Thank you

jamestylin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS , any updates? Much appreciated!

Peiv
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Peiv

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Arlodoesntwork1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Another person here adding my hat to the bucket.

I'm having the exact same problem, I've found multiple posts with people reporting the exact same problem. 
I’ve tried all the suggestions and steps in this thread and nothing works.

Everyones cameras are just bricked with no care from Arlo. What a company.

Im opening a new business and had been looking into a security setup through them but going to search elsewhere after seeing all this how they don’t help thier customers. I will never ever buy from Arlo again.