Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby ABS1000 Won't Connect

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My Arlo Baby camera has disconnected and will not reconnect to the app (has worked great everyday for 4 years prior). It is connected to my wifi router and if I forget device and add new, it allows me to add it. When I click the play button on the app, it loads for minutes then says the device cannot be found. Things I have already tried and have still been unsuccessful: 

A different router and a different wifi band

An internet browser to connect

Reseting the device to factory settings

A different mobile device

Deleting the app and reinstalling

A different Arlo account

Disconnecting the device from HomeKit and pairing it through HomeKit

Contacting technical support to speak with a real person

Not sure what to do next? 

10 REPLIES 10
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to onboard with the web portal on a pc? 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, nothing happens when I press and hold the sync button for 2 seconds. The LED does not turn blue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Does it power on at all? 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes it turns solid amber every time its plugged in. When I power it on and off I can see it  connecting and disconnecting to my router as well.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If it's connecting to your router than it has not been factory reset correctly. Can you try again via this method here:  https://kb.arlo.com/1282685/How-do-I-reset-Arlo-Baby-to-factory-default-settings

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, I have tried several times to reset to factory settings but nothing happens. I just tried again per the post you sent but nothing changes on the camera. I don't see any light changes, I don't hear anything and it still connects and disconnects to my router when I plug and unplug it from the wall. What do I do next? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@B-Rado

Is it possible to try and onboard to another network/router?

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, I have an additional network and router. I just tried it again and no luck. I even tried to onboard it at my brothers house and same results. What do I do next? 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Since we tried factory resetting and onboarding via different networks, this may be a situation where the camera may have hardware failure. Due to being several years out of the warranty period I am not able to provide a RMA. I can provide a discount towards another device if you like. 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

When I purchased this Arlo device, nowhere was it disclosed to me that the device has an "end of life" of as little as 3 years without any physical damage or abuse. This is false or misleading advertising and against my consumer rights. I would like to send the device back for a full refund or replacement. Please advise on this process. 

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation