Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tom_baker1993
Aspirant
Aspirant

had arlo baby for a while now and was using it fine until changing mesh network. 

i have been in touch with netgear for a full DAY on the phone trying different firmware updates and everything under the sun. 

i have now back haul cabled the orbi to help combat this. im pretty sure its the arlo baby camara as none of my other 5 arlo cameras are doing this. 

im getting dissapointed with this as i have read that this issues has been going on since 2018!!

i was asked to send a log file to arlo however i cant even send that as there upload limit is 3mb (facepalm) and the log file is 7MB. 

this is really starting to be a probelm and at the at end of my rope with this. 
has anyone else found a solution (customers) for this issues

my setup:

ISP virgin 500 download and 35 upload

Router ORBI RBR350 with 2 satalites. 

concrete structure house however no signal issues due to cable backhaul.

the only way the pixelation stops is on mobile data

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @tom_baker1993

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing? Are you having delays in live stream, offline as well?

Porembamike
Tutor
Tutor

Having the same exact issues over here as well. I don't have a mesh network set up per say but have a mesh capable network (only using one unit currently).  The only poor fix i have found was to move both cameras to a separate WIFI5 network.  Seems like the issue started once i purchased this WIFI6 router.  The older WIFI5 router worked fine.  

If you figured out another fix, I'd be interested to hear it.  Arlo support has been trying to help, but they are not the fastest. 

farlooch
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here with multiple Arlo Baby cameras. It's an Arlo app issue related to Wifi6 and has been going on for quite some time. It is not a hardware issue. Arlo doesn't appear interested in addressing it. It started the minute I installed a new Orbi router with Wifi6. The picture quality is fine in the Apple Homekit app as well as another app (HomeCam). It's just the Arlo app where the picture is pixelated to the point of being unusable. It only happens when I'm using my home wifi. If I use the app with cellular it works fine. It's a shame. The hardware is great and I'm mostly pleased with my arlo products, but the but the app simply doesn't function with the Arlo Baby cameras. You need a a basic audio monitor to back it up. 

Porembamike
Tutor
Tutor

I appreciate you pointing out that homekit doesn't show pixilation.  I added these cameras to google home and had the same experience.... no pixilation at all. 

Gotta press Arlo support to get this app issue fixed for the cameras. Seems dumb that a high-quality camera company like Arlo can't get the baby cameras to work without pixelation whereas, google and apple can with their third party connections. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation