Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
FayeCrocker
Aspirant
Aspirant
I m not sure if something on the inside of the camera needs to be died or serviced?? I try to add device and it only shows the orange light for a short amount of time (never a blue light). It scans the QR code and I hear a chime but it never find the device. I’m stuck for what to do next
31 REPLIES 31
MurryKevan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hear hear! We are exACtly the same. Took our Arlo Baby on the road to my folks house but refuses to connect to the Wifi. Decided to delete and re-add from our profile…big mistake.
Will start up - amber light for 20 seconds or so, then flashes blue/purple then off…will still read the QR code - ie will make the right chime noise but from that point…it decides to throw its deuces up and leaves us. Will not connect with our wifi/app. Factory settings reboot at least three times. Power charge multiple times too…have sat on the floor attempting to set the camera up for hours thinking it will somehow miraculously be different this time round and will ‘connect’…hah. Please tell me - did you find away to connect yours once more?! Arlo Support - please help!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

Charlotte7
Tutor
Tutor
The Arlo App won’t find either of my Arlo Baby monitors.
6 days ago the app stopped connecting with my 2 Arlo Baby monitors. Both monitors clearly work and my home wifi is absolutely fine and connected to the app. I have tried rebooting the monitors, completed a factory reset on both monitors yet they still don’t work on the app. I have removed both monitors from the app in a bid to re-connect them. However now the app won’t find them. I have tried the QR code route and get passed the scanning stage, the monitors chime but the App does not find them.
2 days ago I raised a case with Arlo support. I received an email to tell me they would be in contact within 1-2 working days. I am still yet to hear from them. This is really disappointing, Arlo monitors are very expensive and I have never experienced poor quality until now. Can anyone help as Arlo support haven’t helped me at all.
rachit
Guide
Guide

Our Arlo Baby was woring completely fine and then appeared as "Disconnected" on our App last night. We tried every troubleshooting suggestion on the Arlo Community (rebooting, restarting, factory reset, disconnecting from the internet and reconnecting, etc) and it kept showing as "Disconnected". Finally, we decided to delete it from our App and we can no longer access it. In particular, the Arlo is discovered whenever we try to set it up as a new device. We can eventually connect to the Arlo Baby itself (because the app finds the MAC Address and then connects it to our network). The amber light subsequently turns blue, indicating it's connected to our internet, but then after that, the App starts "Discovering other Arlo devices" (Smarthubs and Base Stations). 

I have no idea why the App does this as the Arlo Baby should automatically just connect to our WiFi and then appear in our App - it does not need to connect to a Base Station / SmartHub. Irrespective, after it's connected to our home WiFi, the app cannot locate a Base Station / SmartHub and so it shows the setup as being failed.

End outcome is that the Arlo Baby camera is connected to our WiFi (note, it is visible via Apple HomeKit and works), but is not showing up on our App. This is NOT an issue with our WiFi (as it wouldn't work on HomeKit if it was), nor is the camera defective (as HomeKit shows it works fine as well). This has something to do with the App and the Arlo Baby not speaking to each other, resulting in the inability of the monitor being displayed in the App. 

I can't figure out why this would be occurring, but suspect it's been caused by a botch software / firmware update by Arlo. Can somebody help me with this issue?

rachit
Guide
Guide

I am having the exact same issue. Waiting for Arlo Support to provide a solution, but I suspect they've updated the app or firmware on the Arlo Baby without realising it's intended effects. Hopefully this is resolved ASAP!

rachit
Guide
Guide

I have the exact same issue. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried to connect your camera using the My Arlo over the web portal?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which app version is this occurring on?

FayeCrocker
Aspirant
Aspirant
The latest iOS version
rachit
Guide
Guide
It’s Version 3.5.1 (2955) which is the latest iOS version available.
rachit
Guide
Guide
Yes, I have tried every Avenue listed on the community portals. This includes reset, restarting, power cycling and ensuring I’m connected to the same WiFi. I’ve tried this on my iPhone, iPad and Web and it’s the same result across all three.

Arlo Support needs to stop assuming people haven’t tried fixing it by not doing the basics and actually addressing the issue at hand - Arlo has done something to the App which means it’s not compatible with iOS 14 and is causing this issue.

How long is my warranty on this as if Arlo can’t make a simple update to it’s software, my preference is to just return the product?
Charlotte7
Tutor
Tutor
I have tried and they still won’t connect at all.
rachit
Guide
Guide
This is clearly a widespread issue and not just unique to any single individual (as Arlo Support will have us believe).

Charlotte7
Tutor
Tutor
I agree!! I have tried everything you are supposed to do. I am really disappointed in the service from Arlo at present. I want a resolve to this issue so that it monitors that I have paid hundreds of pounds for work.
I can see this is an issue for many customers, so please can you resolve this issue immediately!!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you on the latest version of iOS 14.7.1?

rachit
Guide
Guide
@ShayneS - yes, I am on iOS 14.7.1

It appears we’re going around in circles here by you asking me the same questions. As I’ve said multiple times now, I have updated everything on my Arlo Baby and my iOS devices.

I have also ensured I am:

1. Connected to the same WiFi
2. Rebooted all devices multiple times
3. Completed a factory reset of the Arlo Baby
4. Disconnected and reconnected my internet / router
5. Uninstalled and reinstalled the Arlo App
6. Tried setting up the device with a completely new account
7. Everything else people have recommended / suggested on Arlo Community pages

NONE OF THIS WORKS, noting that it does connect to HomeKit (and works on that for some reason) and so the only reasonable explanation is that there has been an App update by Arlo which has caused unintended consequences to the Arlo Baby.

As I asked previously, what is the warranty on this device?

After great use, it’s turned out to be a completely dud product with a complete lack of support from Arlo and so if this can’t be resolved via a software update, my only avenue is to seek a full refund for a defective product.
Charlotte7
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I updated my iPad and iPhone recently and to be honest the problems started since the updates.
LazyWhippet
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’ve not heard back from my support ticket I raised on 27th July. The device constantly shuts off after a short time of use, and now this weekend I can’t even find it when searching for the device.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Charlotte7

We are currently investigating these reports. Do you mind retrieving an app log and sending It in to us so we can review the data. Please PM me and I will provide further instructions.

Thank you

MurryKevan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi team - TOTally understand your frustration. I posted a few weeks ago (one of the many posts above in this thread!) and I gotta say, frustrated at the speed of hearing solutions from moderators here, I called the Arlo support number via their main website and got through (pretty fast too tbh) to a really helpful support person who sorted my problem in ten mins. Made me kick myself as to why I didn’t attempt that from the very beginning.

Silly question…when you do the factory resets are your Arlo’s plugged in and on? Perhaps I’m a bit of a tech pleb, but when I was doing the factory reset I didn’t realise it needed to be powered on. As soon as I did a reset with the Arlo plugged in - the next time I tried to set up the Arlo, it worked…I heard the chime and my app picked up the Arlo, no issues!

I’m assuming no one is as daft as me - and knows that when you do a factory reset you need the machine plugged in and on! But never-the-less, thought I’d share…JUST in case.

Failing that, I can also recommend using the online support chat or the phone number. They were super attentive and FASTer than here in the community forum…

Hope you guys get your Arlos back online - it is so frustrating when they don’t connect and you just want to see your little humans as they sleep!
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm experiencing the same problem.  In fact, I can get my camera to connect to my wifi (and it shows on my router's list of connected devices), so the led glows blue, but I CANNOT get the Arlo app (or web interface) to "discover" the camera.  No way to add the camera to the app.  I've tried rebooting my network, rebooting the Arlo Baby, factory resetting the Arlo Baby, and it still fails to be "discovered."  Everything was fine for over a year until just yesterday, when this camera randomly stopped connecting to our network.  The other Arlo baby that we own is fine, but I'd never dare delete it from the App, as it seems like this is a critical bug with the Arlo app.  

Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice

This problem is still occurring on iOS app version 3.5.6. (2972), which was released on 9/21/2021.  When will this be fixed, @ShayneS?

catchappell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've tried connecting my second baby monitor via the phone app and also the web portal and I still cannot get it to connect to the app. It is connected and working fine with my HomeKit app, but will not connect to the Arlo app. I am using the latest IOS version. 

Discussion stats
  • 31 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation