Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Giulione
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

i read in the manual and here that when it happens that Arlo baby is under the same wifi network as Iphone it will direct stream without lag or any latency.

From the beginning i never experienced any difference between streaming via e.g. cellular network oand when i'm home under my wifi, i get always the same 2/4 secs lag, i mean, no difference in streaming inside or outside the house.

Obviously i'm talking about Arlo Baby and my Iphone under the same wifi, same ssid sam frequency (5ghz) same router etc.

Any guess?

Thanks in advance for your kind answers.

G.

15 REPLIES 15
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

When you are on the same network with your device and Arlo Baby, a small house icon appears in the lower left of the live view screen... have you seen this ?

I only see a 1 sec or less delay when "local" is on compared to a few when on LTE ( runing android BTW )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Giulione
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
Thanks for your answer, no, i never saw the home icon when i’ m under the same wifi, any suggestions on how can i solve this?
Thanks
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulione,

Take a look here for more information on some possible conditions that could cause this behavior: 

How can I reduce video streaming lag or delays when viewing my Arlo Baby camera?

JamesC

Giulione
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

yes i already checked this article, unfortunely the "local streaming" feature doesn't work in my case, no Home icon, even if i double checked, i'm on the same main wifi network (not guest) same ssid and same (5ghz) frequency.

Anyways, thank you for you answers.

G.

Saxonate
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the Arlo Baby, you can only see the white home icon in the bottom left corner of the stream while the stream is loading.  Once the stream is live, you can no longer see it.  It would be great if the white house icon remained in the corner as long as the stream is local streaming.  This is much more reassuring to a parent who wants the peace of mind of knowing that if the internet goes out during the night, the stream will continue to work.

Thanks.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulione,

Is the house icon there if the stream is paused?

JamesC

Giulione
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
No never saw the home icon. Everything is like when we connect from outside thw house
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Giulione,

I've tested this with iOS devices connected locally and did not experience an issue with the local stream icon appearing. Consider contacting the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

Giulione
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, i will ask

ad11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any resolution to this issue? Just purchased and setup the camera with latest firmware and having the same issue.  Do not see the home icon anywhere even though iPad and camera or on same WiFi network.  There is a noticeable lag in the live stream.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ad11,

If the iPad and the camera are on the same network, this should not be an issue. Is there anything special with your network? What kind of network setup are you using (router, access points, etc.)?

JamesC

ad11
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing special with network, single Asus RT‑AC68U router.  Both camera and iPad connected to same 2.4 network (not guest).  Is the home icon supposed to be displayed continuously during the live stream?  

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ad11,

The home icon should display prior to initiating the live stream. After the stream is launched, you will no longer see the icon. Do you see the house icon prior to clicking live stream?

JamesC

Pgsullivan
Luminary
Luminary
My understanding is that need the internet for the baby cam to work. If your internet goes down in the night the baby cam will not continue to stream I don’t believe. This isn’t a baby cam you can just plug in and take anywhere, you do need the internet
ad11
Aspirant
Aspirant

The home icon never appears, never seen it whether in live stream or not.  In any case, between this and other issues, this is too unreliable for use as a baby monitor and thus plan to return it.  The problems seem to be with the iOS app, as any streaming problems (severe lag, freezing, pixelation, etc.) are cleared up temporarily by killing and restarting the app...so the camera and network seem to work fine, just a bad app.  Thanks anyway.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation