Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby and Dedicate Touch Screen Monitor

dsmythe
Tutor
Tutor

My wife and I have an Arlo Pro system and are interested in the Arlo Baby. We also really like the dedicated touch screen so we could separate the Arlo Baby from our other Arlo's a little and because the live stream on the app times out after awhile and it would mean we don't have to dedicate our tablets or phones to streaming the baby's cam. We have a 9 week old, so we hope to get the Arlo Baby sooner versus later and noticed the version with the dedicated touchscreen monitor isn't on preorder and is said to arrive sometime in the summer. 

Questions: Is the current pre-order Arlo Baby model without the dedicated touchscreen able to function with the touchscreen monitor later? Will the monitor be sold separately as well so that we could pre-order an Arlo Baby now and then buy the touch screen monitor separately to go with it when it comes out or if we simply wanted a second dedicated monitor later?

158 REPLIES 158
ChicagoOutfit
Guide
Guide
Right. Great. But, can you stream two Arlo Baby Cameras at the exact same time on the device... seeing the streams on a "split screen" type of view?

(This would alleviate having to switch back and forth between two cameras.)

Thank you!
matt_freder
Initiate
Initiate

I've seen that the Arlo Baby 7" touchscreen Display has been marked as "coming soon" for some time. I would like to purchase the Arlo baby camera along with the touchscreen display. But I would need both products. Any clue as to how soon is "soon?" Are there any other Arlo displays available other than using a mobile device which isn't a closed circuit connection and isn't always running. Thanks   

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not have an exact launch date at this time. The current target for release is Q3 of this year.

JamesC

matt_freder
Initiate
Initiate

Thank you

jscirocco
Tutor
Tutor
I would like to know this as well
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

After further verification, I've been informed that the Arlo Baby touchscreen monitor will be able to stream two Arlo Baby cameras simultaneously.

JamesC

ChicagoOutfit
Guide
Guide
Excellent news! Let's release this thing!
Packer86
Initiate
Initiate
Can screen be pre ordered? When is is being released? How soon could I have it in my house? Baby is 5 days old
MAKnificent24
Initiate
Initiate

Can this run three baby cameras simultaneously? What time in Sept will this release? Will it timeout?

Thank You

jdepew
Tutor
Tutor

So....just noticed this on the product page....

"This Arlo Baby combo set will be available for purchase in Spring 2018. Join our pre-order list for future updates on availability!"

What is going on? I bought into the Arlo Baby system - as I'm sure many others did - because of the dedicated display. This is a REQUIRED part of a baby monitoring system. Another 6 month delay is unacceptable.... please update.

gmtom1
Tutor
Tutor

It's almost mid-September.  Is this thing EVER going to be released?  If I don't get a definite answer in the next week, you've lost my business Netgear.

Packer86
Initiate
Initiate
Yes this is not good. I'll have to start looking into something else
jgandhi19
Aspirant
Aspirant
Another delay? I guess they need another 6 months to make sure that turd is nice and polished.
gmtom1
Tutor
Tutor

Spring 2018?!?!  @JamesC - Care to comment / provide an update?  (And don't tell us Q3 again).

Sounds like Netgear ran into some major issues for the monitor.  Common sense tells me that if the bundle is not available until Spring 2018, the standalone monitor is also not arriving until then.  AFAIK, there's no practical difference between the bundle and standalone.  The pricing is even the same as the two products individually.

Sorry, but unless there's a major change (like immediate availability for purchase) in the next week, I'm taking my business elsewhere.  Netgear, you've lost my business.

Tmamiya
Initiate
Initiate
Q3 has only 2 more weeks left, any update on when the dedicated monitor will be released??
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The release of the Arlo Baby touchscreen display has been delayed as further development work needs to be done to bring the product’s performance to a level that we believe will satisfy our users’ expectations. With the touchscreen display, our goal is to offer a monitoring experience which is simple, real-time, and reliable while still allowing our users to access the smart features Arlo Baby has to offer. We understand that this delay may be causing disappointment amongst our existing Arlo Baby users and we ask for your patience while the Arlo team works on perfecting the product’s performance. In the meantime, we recommend that you use a tablet, if available, as a monitoring device.

adambean
Luminary
Luminary

@JamesC

Is there any chance at getting a date/range? Are we talking next month or two, or 2018?

Thanks

bradpeschel
Aspirant
Aspirant
Can anyone recommend a cheap alternative tablet as I do not currently have one? The posts on this forum suggest that the Amazon Fire Tablets do to support push notifications from the Arlo app.
gmtom1
Tutor
Tutor

@adambean The site says the bundle package (cam + monitor) will be available in Spring 2018, so I wouldn't expect anything until at least summer 2018.

bradpeschel
Aspirant
Aspirant
With that kind of timeline I wouldn’t be surprised if a new camera gets released with the tablet.
Jeff_S
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hello -

Wanted to see if there is a more recent update on the release date for the Touchscreen that accompanies the Arlo Baby camera? It's nearly the end of 3Q 2017 so hoping to get a more definitive date.
Thanks!
rader
Guide
Guide

Emphasized...

JamesC wrote:

We understand that this delay may be causing disappointment amongst our existing Arlo Baby users...

This is ridiculous and borders on fraud.  Is Netgear going to do anything to compensate all of us who bought in to a promised system?  My child will be a year old by the time you release. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Fraud?  Really?  An announcement, regardless of whether a projected date was "promised", hardly constitues fraud.  Better consult a legal dictionary.

rader
Guide
Guide
If you don't think repeatedly stating a critical accessory is coming in just a few more weeks while someone who bought in to the system with the promise of a complete product rolls past the return period for said purchase "borders" on fraud, then perhaps you should consult a legal dictionary. I have over a $1000 invested in Arlo and Baby was the deciding factor in taking that plunge. You don't just all of a sudden decide you need six to nine more months to deliver a product... They had to have known there were serious issues and could have made everyone aware a long time ago instead of stringing invested users along with this coming "soon" nonsense.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Time to take a breath.  There are so many more important things to hyperventilate about.  Sure, it would have been nice to have a product as originally scheduled but do you want a proper product or not? Maybe there are design issues, production issues, components not available, whatever. 

It's not even close to fraud.  It's simply a missed target and you're making all kinds of unsupported suppositions.