Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby and Dedicate Touch Screen Monitor

dsmythe
Tutor
Tutor

My wife and I have an Arlo Pro system and are interested in the Arlo Baby. We also really like the dedicated touch screen so we could separate the Arlo Baby from our other Arlo's a little and because the live stream on the app times out after awhile and it would mean we don't have to dedicate our tablets or phones to streaming the baby's cam. We have a 9 week old, so we hope to get the Arlo Baby sooner versus later and noticed the version with the dedicated touchscreen monitor isn't on preorder and is said to arrive sometime in the summer. 

Questions: Is the current pre-order Arlo Baby model without the dedicated touchscreen able to function with the touchscreen monitor later? Will the monitor be sold separately as well so that we could pre-order an Arlo Baby now and then buy the touch screen monitor separately to go with it when it comes out or if we simply wanted a second dedicated monitor later?

158 REPLIES 158
Pmrodriguez
Guide
Guide
Has anyone contacted a news outlet or something? Apparently they want as little attention about this as possible so they are deleting negative posts.
neo1981
Star
Star

I just want to be able to return the camera for a full refund. Make it happen, Netgear. If not, count me in on any further legal action. The Arlo Baby is now sitting in a corner in my house. I just bought the Amazon's top choice camera (camera + screen, combined much cheaper than Arlo Baby and works like a charm) and I would've done that in the first place if I had known about this development earlier. 

davgc
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sign me up for legal action. One of our main reasons purchasing the ARLO BABY was based on the promise of the baby monitor with direct connect! You have let us down with your false advertising. Absolute scam!

Topspin14m
Aspirant
Aspirant

All - Check out the deal here:  https://slickdeals.net/f/11461155-amex-mr-cardholders-w-prime-16gb-fire-hd-8-tablet-w-alexa-25-selec...

It stacks with the Netgear Arlo Baby coupon, so you can get the Fire tablet for free!

UpsetCustomer99
Guide
Guide

Appreciate the link and information.  The problem for me is not the tablet or the price of the tablet.  I have multiple iPads and they work fine.  The problem is that the functionality Netgear promised, local direct connected video without requiring wifi/internet, is no longer available.  This has forced me to purchase another monitor...Netgear's service has completely fallen off the map.  I find it ridiculous that they haven't reached out or made any attempt to resolve the situation.  A coupon for a tablet that doesn't fix the problem....? Give me a break.

F2W12
Guide
Guide

Exactly!

Why is it that Arlo and (apparently) random users keep touting this "discount" as a solution? Since Arlo Baby was released WITHOUT a dedicated monitor, that means that in order for any of us to use it, we must already own a smartphone or tablet!

When will they understand that this is a solution that no one wants!

Topspin14m
Aspirant
Aspirant

I never said "solution".  I said you can get the Fire tablet for free with this coupon and the Amex deal.  There is no downside to taking a free Amazon tablet, although I get that it may not solve anything.

Ravex
Aspirant
Aspirant
Netgear, solutions for direct connect mode on arlo baby??? How to use this without a internet connection? How to use this with no lag???
I was waiting for your tablet video monitor that you promise....
pentium99
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchased the Arlo Baby under the assumption that Arlo would be releasing a dedicated monitor in the future. This is what Arlo claimed when I purchased the product. Come to find out, they decided to pull the plug on building the monitor. The frustrating part is they didn't publically disclose this information and I found this out by searching this forum for an update on when the monitor would be released. They were providing customers with a discount on an Amazon Kindle Fire as a workaround, but the frustrating part is they are only doing this for customers that registered their Arlo Baby by a certain date, which is completely unfair. I spent 3 hours, on 4 different callsm with Arlo's customer service located in Manilam Philippines to ask for an exception. All I got was the run around telling me, "Not to worry, and that they would be calling me back within 24-48 hours with an update." They never followed up, I had to call them back. This is the most expensive baby monitor in the market, but it is worthless without a dedicated monitor. Anyone who cares about their baby knows you cannot purely rely on Cellular or Wifi signal to monitor your baby. I am now stuck with a worthless $200 "baby monitor." I am frustrated by the lack of transparency, lack of customer service, and trust with Arlo. I highly recommend buying a closed circuit system if you want a truly reliable baby monitor, otherwise you are better off just buying any ordinary indoor camera. Just wanted to share my experience so others are not surprised and go through the same experience.