Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby and Dedicate Touch Screen Monitor

dsmythe
Tutor
Tutor

My wife and I have an Arlo Pro system and are interested in the Arlo Baby. We also really like the dedicated touch screen so we could separate the Arlo Baby from our other Arlo's a little and because the live stream on the app times out after awhile and it would mean we don't have to dedicate our tablets or phones to streaming the baby's cam. We have a 9 week old, so we hope to get the Arlo Baby sooner versus later and noticed the version with the dedicated touchscreen monitor isn't on preorder and is said to arrive sometime in the summer. 

Questions: Is the current pre-order Arlo Baby model without the dedicated touchscreen able to function with the touchscreen monitor later? Will the monitor be sold separately as well so that we could pre-order an Arlo Baby now and then buy the touch screen monitor separately to go with it when it comes out or if we simply wanted a second dedicated monitor later?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Dear Arlo Baby user,

First of all, we would like to thank you for being an Arlo Baby customer. We hope that this product has been a valuable addition to your family and keeping you close to your little one. Our ultimate goal has been to create the best, most innovative smart baby monitor in the market. Since the product launched in May 2017, our product and engineering teams have been working on improving connectivity, response time, and adding background features to make using Arlo Baby a delight for you to use every day. We recently launched our integration with Apple HomeKit to provide even more ways for you to make the most out of the product.

We wanted to let you know that we no longer plan to release a dedicated display monitor. Instead, we are offering people who bought an Arlo Baby a $30 coupon for an Amazon Fire HD 8 Tablet (16GB, With Special Offers), redeemable on Amazon.com. We think this tablet is a great alternative to the Arlo Baby Touchscreen Display. It works great with the Arlo app, offers great image and audio quality, and is Alexa-enabled so you can take advantage of the voice control capability offered by Amazon Alexa. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please reach out to the Arlo Customer Support team. Please be prepared to provide your name, email address, and your Arlo Baby serial number/MAC address which can be found under the camera. Once our team has been able to verify your ownership of an Arlo Baby camera, we will respond to you with a one-time use coupon. This offer is only available to owners of Arlo Baby cameras registered before March 31, 2018.

Warm regards,
The Arlo Team

View solution in original post

158 REPLIES 158
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

dsmythe,

The touchscreen display will be available as a stand-alone add-on for Arlo Baby in addition to the bundle. More information will be available on this closer to release.

JamesC

felickz
Initiate
Initiate
Will it show me all my arlo pro camera feeds or just the baby cam?
PBJ918
Tutor
Tutor
Ditto
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera for $99.99, or in a set with the Arlo Baby camera for $349.99.

In its Direct Connect mode, the display will allow for live streaming of video from the Arlo Baby camera without the need for an Internet connection. Cloud features such as remote live streaming and Library access will not be available from the tablet in Direct Connect mode. The display can also connect to the cloud via WiFi, just like a regular smart tablet. When connected to WiFi, the tablet will have all the cloud features as you would expect from the Arlo mobile app, and allow you to access all devices on your Arlo account.

JamesC

rader
Guide
Guide

When is the release date for the dedicated tablet?  We are well into summer and I bought Baby expecting an imminent release for the tablet. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

rader,

Currently, the target eta is later this year (hoping for a mid-Q3 release). I will post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

jmelizondo
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, James.  There is an article on the arlo site that the touchscreen would be available in July 2017:

https://kb.arlo.com/1285498/When-will-the-Arlo-Baby-touchscreen-display-be-available-to-buy

As we are closing in on August, any updates?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

jmelizondo,

I believe the target is still for Q3 (I don't have a more granular date). I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

I am also looking for a release date for this, do we have a more accurate ETA yet?

Zamora13
Initiate
Initiate
We have to arlo home system and are looking into the baby monitor. The press release says the add on monitor should be released q2 which we have now passed. Any word on she this will be available.
Ashnj412
Initiate
Initiate
Hi there,

We currently have the Arlo Pro system and were curious if the touchscreen display would work for the cameras we already have or if you have to have the baby monitor. Also, it keeps being noted that the display will be out this summer but as August is about to end is there a more accurate release date?
JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

I would also really like to know when this is coming out.  Im ready to buy it, please take my money.

John3
Initiate
Initiate

I would also like to get an answer to these questions. 

Moodyj
Initiate
Initiate
Ditto on release date for dedicated baby monitor screen. Good to know about direct connection mode.
rader
Guide
Guide

JamesC, This is becoming really frustrating.  Please tell me the &" Monitor is being released this week.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Arlo Baby 7” Touchscreen Display, shipping in Summer of 2017, will be available for purchase as an add-on to your existing Arlo Baby camera for $99.99, or in a set with the Arlo Baby camera for $349.99.

In its Direct Connect mode, the display will allow for live streaming of video from the Arlo Baby camera without the need for an Internet connection. Cloud features such as remote live streaming and Library access will not be available from the tablet in Direct Connect mode. The display can also connect to the cloud via WiFi, just like a regular smart tablet. When connected to WiFi, the tablet will have all the cloud features as you would expect from the Arlo mobile app, and allow you to access all devices on your Arlo account.

JamesC

Update: The latest information I have on target availability is Quarter 3 of 2017 (Months of July, August, September). I do not have any official release information at this time.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Update: The latest information I have on target availability is Quarter 3 of 2017 (Months of July, August, September). I do not have any official release information at this time.

JamesC

JeremyBrumm
Star
Star

Thanks for the update, I appreciate it. 

If you do get a more exact date, please let us know.

adambean
Luminary
Luminary
When speaking with netgear via chat as well as Facebook, September is the target month as of a couple weeks ago.
Knfoster1
Initiate
Initiate
When does the touch-screen come out?
ChicagoOutfit
Guide
Guide

Hello,

We have twins... so, will we be able to monitor both of our Arlo Baby's streams at the same time? I am hoping the Arlo Baby 7" Touchscreen Display (ABD1000) will be able to have a split screen mode. Please let me know if this is an intended functionality.

Thank you

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I do not have an exact launch date at this time. The current target for release is Q3 of this year.

JamesC

koche
Initiate
Initiate

Its almost Sep and no date yet.  Thanks but I'm out.  Retruning my Arlo baby and the rest of the cameras and going with another platform.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ChicagoOutfit,

Yes, you can have multiple Arlo Baby cameras connected to one display.

JamesC