Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby WiFi Connection Drops

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
ekoplitz14
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Arlo Baby drops the WiFi connection at least once a day and has been doing this for over a week. I just checked and the firmware is the current version which should be 1.8.5.3_21226. I thought maybe it was the app on my android phone, but it isn't because when I login to the camera through a web browser, it says the camera is not connected. The WiFi connection is strong and all other devices that connect to the WiFi do not lose connection to the internet so it is not my router or cable modem. 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Contact Arlo via the support page and advise them... they may have a newer field test version of FW to send you

In the meanwhile , maybe you should do a reset of the baby

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
eatoff
Tutor
Tutor
I had a similar issue, I asked around on some forums and it was suggested I disable airtime fairness on my router, and 48hrs later my Arlo hasn't had an issue. Maybe the latest firmware doesn't play nice with that setting, I'm not sure. Check what model router you have and see if it has airtime fairness, and if you can disable it.
ekoplitz14
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately my Netgear router does not have that option. I did update the router for necessary updates but it appears that the issue is still happening as I cannot view the live feed online or through my app on my Samsung S9+. I have the option to view the music and temperature, but it just keeps saying buffering. This is frustrating to say the least. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

ekoplitz14,

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation