Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
mservidio
Tutor
Tutor

The Arlo Baby Status Light and Night Light have been randomly turning on the past few evenings. I think this started occuring since the latest iOS app and potential firmware upgrade on the Arlo Baby cameras. Passwords I'm resetting now.

There should be a 2FA authentication for accessing cameras and also an ability to see which users/locations/devices logged in to view the cameras on Arlo. I'm highly doubtful that someone hacked in, but either way it's extremely creepy.

65 REPLIES 65
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

This has happened for a while now ( prob actually since released )...

Only temp solution at this time until Arlo fixes same is a piece of black tape or bandaid over led.

Better to post requests here;

Check this area and give kudos as more kudos means better chance of fruition

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Joe-Italia
Guide
Guide

No come on are you serious? that is not normal.... this is not the type of service we should be experiencing... I've never heard of this kind of support... ridiculous

Joe-Italia
Guide
Guide

Arlo Baby is a baby product which startles my kid. I have contacted support which felt more like being ignored making me do unnecessary work then confirming that when selecting the "Status LED = Off" in the menu should not have the purple flashing LED.... this is very repeatable and easy to test for you guys at Arlo.. Just unplug your router and you will see the status LED flashing even though you set it to off... 

Someone needs to implement a firmware revision to allow us to disable all lights (have a submenu toggle if you wish for error lights for those who want to have it) but ultimately I don't want to have any LED come on at any time while this device is in use at night. Please fix and I encourage other parents to follow up with this thread and ensure we get this fixed. Ultimately contacting the BBB Better Business Bureau should this issue be ignored. This is a baby product and in no way should a baby be woken up or startled by your product,,, This is intolerable!!!! Needless to say the tech support I contacted has a hard time understanding this basic product! Disappointed.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

We are aware that some Arlo Baby users are experiencing an issue that results in the flashing purple status LED persisting when the status LED for the Arlo Baby camera is disabled within the app. The development team is working on a firmware fix to resolve this issue. If you would like to test this firmware prior to release, please reach out to me in a private message for more details.

JamesC

Joe-Italia
Guide
Guide
So I tried the new firmware James was mentioning above and it is running great for the LED.. very happy about Arlo fixing this issue and appreciate it!
For everyone else the only thing I didn't test with regard to the LED was the low battery indicator. Ultimately there is a separate control in the app for this and should behave right example if it's set to on and the device has a low battery it should flash and if it's set to off it should stay off..
Thanks Arlo!
DianaDiana
Initiate
Initiate
We're having the same issue. Blue flashing light even though we've switched the led light off. In a darkened nursery this is just the worst design flaw. When can we expect the update?
kmegray
Aspirant
Aspirant
Really keen to trial this update too. Had some horrendous sleepless nights lately with this LED light. Terrible design. Please can I request to test this?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @kmegray

Please contact @JamesC with this inquiry regarding FW testing.

jonathancutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

This firmware has supposedly finished testing and is awaiting release.  Please - any idea when it will be available?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @jonathancutt

I will provide an update as soon as possible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There has been an update that should resolve the issue with the status led illuminating when toggled off. Please make sure to have the latest FW version installed. You can find more information regarding this update here. Arlo Baby ABC1000 - 1.9.13.0_815 - 19th May 2020

Joe-Italia
Guide
Guide

seems like mine is stuck at 1.9.12... has it been released officially to everyone?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Joe-Italia

You can reboot the camera and test again. Pull the power cable & make sure you have the battery powered switch toggled off so the camera can reboot.

Joe-Italia
Guide
Guide

did that definitely stuck on 1.9.12.0_814

Joe-Italia
Guide
Guide

update JamesC is taking care of this for me and putting me back to prod firmware. Thank you JamesC!!!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Joe-Italia

That makes sense now. I am glad you got this resolved. Please let me know if you have any further questions.