Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby - Nightvision Stopped Working

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
redbeardjake
Initiate
Initiate

I've Arlo Baby since last Friday and the nightvision stopped working two nights ago. I have already confirmed in the device configuration menu that nightvision is select on. There are no lights in the background that was cause potential issues with the IR sensor. Various individuals have the same issue and I've already tried taking battery out and putting it back in. Any other ideas before I send back?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @redbeardjake,

A new firmware version 1.8.0.27_12874 was released last night (May 21) and should address the night vision issue you are experiencing. The firmware should have already been uploaded onto your camera. Have you had a chance to use the camera today? If yes, are you still seeing the issue?

Thanks,

Tu

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Is there a reset ?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

redbeardjake,

Engineering is currently investigating a potential issue related to Night vision. What mode is your Arlo Baby set to. If set to "Monitoring On" do you see the same behavior?

JamesC

Joelprado
Initiate
Initiate
I'm also experiencing the same issue since day one that I received the Arlo Baby. I have several other Arlo cameras including the Q and this does not happen. When I log in, it seems to work fine for about a minute and then it goes dark and you can hear the night vision shutter click off. If I go out and then back in it's still dark unless I use a different device the night vision will work but then go dark after about 30-60 seconds. Very frustrating given the purpose of this camera is much more important than the other Arlo cameras we have. Please help.
Laladingdong
Aspirant
Aspirant
Check to see if there is a firmware update. Mine had one. Since the update night vision works a little bitter, but still garbage. 1.8.0.25_12698
gmsne
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm pretty impressed by the night vision on ours and haven't experienced issues with that feature.
I don't have any of the modes turned on, I've been adjusting settings manually so far.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Hi @redbeardjake,

A new firmware version 1.8.0.27_12874 was released last night (May 21) and should address the night vision issue you are experiencing. The firmware should have already been uploaded onto your camera. Have you had a chance to use the camera today? If yes, are you still seeing the issue?

Thanks,

Tu

Joelprado
Initiate
Initiate
Yes! As of last night it's working. Thank you very much!
tunguyen
Tutor
Tutor

Awesomel! Thank you for confirming. Please feel free to email our Product and Engineering team at arlobaby@netgear.com if you have any questions or feedback.

-Tu

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation