Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
Rwiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have recently installed a new router. This has lost connection with my Arlo baby camera.
I have removed the device from the app, factory reset the camera (paperclip) and i am now trying to reconnect.
Following the app instructions when asked for the WiFi password the app say " now contacting to (unknown SSID)"
I can not tell which of the two networks it is connecting to.

I enter the password , the QR chimes - the app searchs but can't find the device.

Very frustrating.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Laceeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
After I posted I did the factory reset and it solved the problem. Thanks for your reply!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try it on a computer with a browser...much easier than the app ( https://arlo.netgear.com/ )

I would guess you hiding the SSID of the networks... make sure there are no odd characters in the SSID.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Rwiles
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have now tried via the website (on a laptop machine) Unfortunately, same result.

Can not find device

roffir
Aspirant
Aspirant
This did it for me. The app kept saying unknown said but the website let's you type in the ssid
Laceeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm having the exact same issue, please let me know if you find an answer.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Laceeee,

Just to make sure, did you factory reset your Arlo Baby? Have you tried going on the web to see if that helps?

Laceeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
After I posted I did the factory reset and it solved the problem. Thanks for your reply!
Cherylchoate196
Aspirant
Aspirant
Arlo wireless i got a new router now my cameras wont hook up
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you use the same SSID and passphrase as on the old router? That would be the simplest method. Otherwise, change the network in Settings, My Devices, your Baby.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation