Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Itsjezza
Tutor
Tutor
For months have been using the lullaby function to play white noise.

Decided to try a new lullaby tonight...bad idea.

The lullaby playlist keeps showing up as empty and saying I have 20mb of 20mb available. I click on download from cloud, download songs and click done and they apparar in the playlist. I click play on one, go out to camera view. No song title in the audio controls screen. The white noise skips at the end of the 15 second track which it never used to do. So. I go back into playlist and it’s empty again! Rinse repeat. It seems to only let me play one song and doesn’t remember any of the others.

I’ve power cycled it and I’ve also factory reset, reinstalled the app, removed camera from my account.... what gives?
54 REPLIES 54
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Itsjezza,

I just tested downloading, deleting, and downloading lullabies again and didn't experience any issues. Are you doing this from a mobile device? Do you see any different behavior if you try using a different device such as the web client on a PC?

JamesC

deputydawg1998
Guide
Guide
James,

This is a new issue for me today also since I updated this morning using my iPhone. I used to have a set playlist and now it tells me I have 20mb of 20mb free and when I download it shows in the list and then when I go out and come back in it makes me download it again. Not sure if it was caused by the update but it’s now a painful process to play a tune.

Scott
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Itsjezza,

Are you using iOS as well?

deputydawg1998,

Is this happening just on iOS or do you see the same thing on web client as well?

JamesC

deputydawg1998
Guide
Guide
James,

It was an update to the app that showed up this morning. It’s still not letting me save any songs and none are there that were in the library before. I’m sure it has something to do with the update. Too big of a coincidence not too with the timing.

Thank You,

Scott
deputydawg1998
Guide
Guide
Sorry,

I forgot the second part. I don’t use anything other than my app and haven’t since I got it. My wife did not get an update yet for her iPhone but it doesn’t show up on hers either. There is a much bigger library than they had before but it isn’t allowing anything to save after you go out of the screen with the library list from iCloud.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated the issue. I'll post an update when I have more information.

JamesC

Yoinked
Guide
Guide

I'm experiencing this too. The latest iOS app update caused it.

I'd like to assume the app is incorrectly showing the track list as empty despite tracks being stored on the device, rather than forcibly deleting all the tracks every time i view the list? Either way it's very frustrating!

Please fix this ASAP and improve your quality assurance & testing processes!

Itsjezza
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks James, I’ve crested a screen capture if you want to see the issue and pass it on:

https://youtu.be/mwDs5anQoGs
deputydawg1998
Guide
Guide
Thank you for the screen capture Jezza. Mine looks exactly the same.

Scott
Kellte2
Apprentice
Apprentice
Same issue on my end. We are moving in the wrong direction on this piece of hardware, Arlo...
Alelhp
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue here, it seems probably a firmware update caused it, because it happens also from the web interface of the camera, it is not an APP problem.

lvld
Aspirant
Aspirant

My arlo baby playlist where I have downloaded music keeps dissapearing and deleting, removing all the pre-listed music available plus those that I record myself using the voice recorder.

Can anyone help me understand why this keeps happening, even after I re-download the items it dissapears again after awhile?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi lvld,

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information.

rex_
Tutor
Tutor
Same issue happens from today
CharlieDelta
Initiate
Initiate

Same problem.

capee
Initiate
Initiate
Same problem here!
Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Same issue here, Arlo support is just AWFUL!

momgoals
Initiate
Initiate

This is ridiculous.  I've been watching this chain for weeks now.  

Arlo Support- where is your customer service?  Why can't your tech team revert back to the previous app version until they discover the unintended issue?  You've left likely hundreds of customers with a glitch that disrupts one of the core basic functions of your product.  In a world innundated with technology and a social phenomenon that allows consumers to talk directly to potential consumers about your brand, you're certainly missing the boat.  I would not recommend your product based solely on your interest in retaining customers.

amylaure
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue
Fabiennenelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same problem!! What’s the latest Arlo Support?!?
Fabiennenelson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Shayne, any update?
Sircoynie
Apprentice
Apprentice
I think Netgear need to up there game with the support for these products now. I know a lot of others held them in high regard before the alro product base was released and purchased them based on this reputation. Unfortunately now I aswell as I believe many others are telling family and friends to avoid these products and find alternatives due to awful support. Real shame.
chartier
Tutor
Tutor

I'm having the same issue.  As of 8/23/2018, it sounds like the tech support team has acknowledged the problem and are working on a solution. Not sure why people are saying their customer service is garbage.  Obviously it takes a bit of time to troubleshoot and rewrite code to fix the problem.

Alelhp
Tutor
Tutor

I spent weeks on defining the best option and I regret everyday about chosing Arlo