Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby Goes Offline and Camera Appears to Restart

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Papatte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear All,

I bought a camera Arlo Baby last week and since the beginning, I have been experiencing the following problem: several times per night, the camera seems to automatically restart (orange light and then violet light and then it is back online). This is quite annoying because the tablet we use to monitor our baby then detects the disconnection showing a message "Your device is not connected [...]" and the screen is switched off silently...

Is someone experiencing this issue?

For me, it looks like the Arlo Baby camera is defective.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pa patte/

My configuration:

* Camera Arlo baby under firmware version 1.8.5.3_21226

* Tablet: Galaxy tab S2 under Android 7.0

* Wifi provided by 3x Google Wifi routers

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @Papatte,

When you say that it shows an orange light and then violet light, is it a solid color, blinking normally, or blinking fast? Make sure that you are on the latest Arlo app as well.

Papatte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your answer.

Arlo shows a solid orange colour for a minute or two and then a blinking purple colour for a few seconds. That's exactly the same sequence when I shut down Arlo (unplug and switch off the battery) and restart it.

That's why I suspect that Arlo is frequently rebooting. 

As for the version of the App, it's 2.6.2_22800. I've downloaded it thru Google Play store and it's being updated regularly.

Papatte/

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hmm, let me create a case for you (if you don't have one yet) so our support team can help you further. I sent you a PM to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation