Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ppilot212
Star
Star

I am not sure how Netgear is selling this product considering, how often it flat our doesn'r work.  I am trying to remotely view the camera and it works like 25% of the time as all I get is sound.  Based on the responses on this board this unfortunately sounds like a common occurance.

Is this just an issue with the platform?

7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

sounds more like a FLASH issue....

confirm that FLASH is on as many new browser toggle it off by default.

Try Fire Fox if able

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ppilot212
Star
Star

Sorry I sould have mentioned that this was in the Arlo App for Android, so unfortunately I don't think it's a browser issue.

fquenneh
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem on Android App

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @ppilot212 and @fquenneh,

Have you tried to log out of the app and uninstall it, restart your Android phone, and reinstall it to see if the livestream starts to show?

romansixx
Initiate
Initiate

You know, the arlo baby is a JOKE at this point. How often do you reccomend people reset and uninstall everything? Once a day? because thats what it seems like it takes. I have had the arlo baby for almost a year now, and it has never worked right. Black screen most of the time with just sound. When it does show things its so choppy its like watching an old CCTV security feed.

It is so bad we had to go buy another monitor for the sound, because the expensive arlo baby one dosnt work all the time. At night it will just flat out stop working and shut off. Awesome!

YES it is close to the router with 100% signal

YES the internet speeds are good enough, actually way higher than recomended

YES the firmware is up to date

YES i have lost count how many times i have reset the camera, uninstalled the app, turned eveything off, reset cookies, ext.

NO i wont recommend this to anyone. I will tell them to stay away because it is a flat out waste of money.

If anyone is reading this forum, dont buy this POS. 

fquenneh
Tutor
Tutor

@JessicaP, have you tried hiring a QA team? Have you tried taking your customers seriously?

Search this forum for all the other similar threads. The problem is wide spread and system agnostic.

fquenneh
Tutor
Tutor

Update: I can confirm that the camera has become more reliable with a firmware update that was pushed about a month ago. There are still some glitches here and there (especially when accessing through an internet browser rather than with the app) but it has overall significantly improved in my opinion.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation