Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Entilzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got a problem since the last update of my phone : Always Listening option shuts off after a very short random time (30s to 2 minutes).
Even live feed freezes after that amount of time !

- Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
- Android : 11
- Last update : G998BXXU3AUG4 / G998BOXM3AUG4 / G998BXXU3AUG4
- Arlo : 3.5.1_28380
- Firmware : 1.10.0.0_923_488774b
- Device : ABC1000r6

8 REPLIES 8
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi Entilzar,

Have you tried rebooting the Arlo app and/or rebooting your phone device to see if that resolves the issue?

Entilzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Yes I have. In fact, when the video is frozen, the only solution I have is to close the app and restart it.
I also tried to reboot my phone, and reboot the Arlo baby device.

The "Always Listening" option still works fine on the Android phone of my wife (so the Arlo device is not the problem).
It was working for me until the Android update.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If the "Always Listening" feature is working on your wife's Android device, try to uninstall and reinstall the app on your Android device and see if that helps.

Entilzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reinstallation done today.
Nothing better.

Currently, I'm restarting the app for the 5th time in 1 minute in order to get the live stream not freezing...

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Is this happening when you're on WiFi and/or cellular data? And make sure that you don't have "Background Restriction" enabled from the Android Settings for the Arlo app and the battery optimization is not optimized.

Entilzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

WiFi only (I don't use cellular data for this app).
Arlo app is not in the list of background restricted apps. Battery is not optimized.

As I said, I sometimes struggle to just get the live feed and keep it running, not even trying the Always Listening option.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

We recently released a new version of the Arlo app, which is version 3.5.2. Please update to the latest version to see if that helps resolve your issue. You can read more about the latest version here: Arlo Android App - 3.5.2 - 28th July 2021

If you still have issues, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Entilzar
Aspirant
Aspirant

Update installed.
So far, it seems far better.
Need to test for 2-3 more days to be sure, but it seems promising.
Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation