Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Baby ABA1300

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
wallacepost
Guide
Guide

Hi,

I have been using Arlo Baby ABA 1300 for 6months since my baby was born.  Recently, I came across some articles and discussions about radiation emission from baby monitor can cause potentially serious health issues.  I am very concerned about any possible damage had been done to my little one.  I would like to get a data sheet about this product when it's on active mode/ standby mode or when the motion/sound signal is detected.  What is the recommended distance to set up this monitor for safety measurement.  It's been right next his cot from day 1 for a better monitoring.  Does anybody have same concerns been raised before? would like to hear your thoughts and experience.  Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Haven't seen the articles ( other than some general statements )...

But yes, like all wifi units that transmit, the Baby does transmit in the 2.4 or 5ghz band. 

So does your wifi router, phone, some tvs and other household units

Radiation exposure from any transmittinng device follows the inverse sq rule ;

( in simple terms , light being a form )

The inverse-square law describes the light received from most sources. If the distance between an object and the light source is doubled, a given area receives only one-fourth as much light; if the distance is tripled, only one-ninth.

Been using one for a couple years now and, IMO only , it should be placed at least 5-6 ft away... mine sits 6 or so ft away on a shelf looking down to give a great view while zoomed in a slight amount.

If you find any solid info , pass along

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation