Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Android app 2.14.1_27065 for Arlo Baby not displaying temperature, humidity, air quality value

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AverageJoe76
Tutor
Tutor

Hello,

I am currently running the Arlo Android app version 2.14.1_27065 released on 05APR2020, with two Arlo Baby cameras running on a Google Pixel 3.  For the past couple of builds, the Arlo Android app is intermittently displaying values for the temperature, humidity, and air quality.  That is, when I select the graph icon, the three icons popup:  temperature, humidity, and air quality.  Normally, a value is display to the left of each icon.  For example, next to the thermometer icon, it would display the actual temperature of say 69.3°F, or 45.4% next to the water drop icon for the relative humidity.  However, over the past couple of builds for the Arlo Android app, these values are not displayed.  I will close the app and relaunch it with the same results.  Eventually, after closing and relaunching multiple times, the Arlo Android app will work properly with the displayed values.  My wife has an iPhone, and has never experienced this issue.  Therefore, this appears to be an issue with the Arlo Android app.  In troubleshooting, I have already removed the Arlo app and reinstalled it without success.

Thanks,

Joe

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi AverageJoe76,

Could you show a screenshot where it does not display the values when you try to view on your Pixel 3? And is this happening on WiFi and/or cellular data?

AverageJoe76
Tutor
Tutor

Hello JessicaP,

Please see the attached screen captures.  The first one shows both cameras with the missing data.  After closing and reopening the Arlo app a couple of times, the data is displayed.  It is very intermittent whether the Arlo app correctly displays the temperature, humidity, and air quality data or not.  It appears to only be an issue with the Arlo app for Android.  The Arlo app for iOS installed on my wife's iPhone XR does not have any issues.  The Arlo Baby cameras and both our phones are connected to the same Wi-Fi network via a Netgear Orbi.

Thank you,

Joe

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for the full info. Let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation