Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ollieollie
Guide
Guide

I have the Arlo baby and the homekit implementation should work across all iOS devices.  It works on my Apple TV and iPhone but on Apple Watch, it timesout and I just see a spinning wheel.

On my apple watch the Arlo baby never displays video and stays on "connecting" (although the HomeKit snapshot works fine on WATCH) which indicates that the Homekit implementation is not done correctly.  This is with a new Arlo Baby, with both iOS 11/12 and a solid Wireless 2.4G connection.  Is there any visibility to this issue with Arlo?

38 REPLIES 38
thekame
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS so after those details we gave you, can you assist us and give us developer’s words?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @thekame

Do you have a screenshot of the getting status message, or the error screen you see? I have provided an article from Apple on how to take a screenshot if you need that. How to take a screenshot on Apple Watch

ollieollie
Guide
Guide
This is fixed in the latest watch OS betas. I can only assume something got fixed with the latest IOS update that now allows this to work properly without Arlo’s intervention. Technically they should know this is fixed but I don’t know why there is so much silence on the matter. Given it is working on iOS 13 with watchOS 6 it will likely work for everyone in September.
infinitebeard
Star
Star

Thanks @ollieollie ! I have a developer account so will give this a shot. If only Netgear could have given this info or at the very least admit it didn't work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

starrbri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well thats good news.  Fingers crossed it works once we have those updates.

ReaXion
Guide
Guide
You know what version of watchOS beta your speaking from?

It shows as unavailable in watchOS beta 6 and is completely broken.
ollieollie
Guide
Guide

It's worked since beta 1. Watch 4 with iPhone X. I also have an Arlo baby and that works too

infinitebeard
Star
Star
I have installed Watch 6 beta, iOS 13 on iPhone XS and it’s gone from not working at all to working *sometimes*. It’s still very flakey, whilst other HomeKit cameras work perfectly. @ollieollie You weren’t talking about Arlo baby initially? Does it actually work reliably for you? Now other arlo cameras have HomeKit hopefully we’ll see some improvement on this front.
ollieollie
Guide
Guide
It works pretty reliably. That being said I’m not always connected and looking at it every 30s. When I try it seems to be fine compared to ios12 when it never worked.

I meant to say works with pro 2 also.
yeee
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s finally working reliably!

I’m on iOS 13 and Apple Watch 6...
Timofey
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is it working for everyone now?

On iOS 13 / watchOS 6 live video feed works consistently every time when I am connected to cellular network but never works in my wifi network unless I turn my iPhone offline. Basically if I am in my home wifi it doesn’t work with the same symptoms as before so the issue appears to be fixed only when not in wifi (or maybe not in home wifi)
LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is exactly how my Arlo Baby cameras are working with my watch.  They don't work if I'm at home on my wifi network along with my iPhone.  They do work when I'm on a different wifi network or on LTE.

Ironically, my Arlo Pro 2 cameras work perfectly with my watch now.

Sooo close.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

@ShayneS can you please tell us what the expected behavior is when trying to view Arlo Baby on Apple Watch?  There have been lots of updates and it would be nice for all of us to know what you guys can tell us at this point.  What works/what doesn't work...

And, yes, I contacted support 17 months ago.  I find the information I get from the community more useful.