Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
ollieollie
Guide
Guide

I have the Arlo baby and the homekit implementation should work across all iOS devices.  It works on my Apple TV and iPhone but on Apple Watch, it timesout and I just see a spinning wheel.

On my apple watch the Arlo baby never displays video and stays on "connecting" (although the HomeKit snapshot works fine on WATCH) which indicates that the Homekit implementation is not done correctly.  This is with a new Arlo Baby, with both iOS 11/12 and a solid Wireless 2.4G connection.  Is there any visibility to this issue with Arlo?

38 REPLIES 38
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi ollieollie,

We are aware of an issue that causes streaming to time out or not connect when using the Apple Watch. We are working closely with Apple toward a resolution. We do not have an eta at this time but will provide an update as soon as we know more.

thekame
Tutor
Tutor

Same issue, there has been a firmware update few days ago stating "homekit fixes".

But it still does not work.

Any update about that issue?

I basicall ybought my watch for this...

Thanks

Jimmynail
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here...
Chrisjamie2012
Guide
Guide

+1

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Chrisjamie2012,

What is the issue you are experiencing with your Arlo Baby?

Chrisjamie2012
Guide
Guide
Same as the OP
thekame
Tutor
Tutor
It’s been 3 month nearly that you said it was investigated. Please Team, do something.
thekame
Tutor
Tutor
First of all thanks for the sensors now showing in Homekit, that’s cool.
Thanks also for the lullabies functionality fixed.
But what about stream to Apple Watch?
It still does not work 3 month after tou said you were investigating.
Your product clearly state it works on Apple Watch but it doesn’t.
Please do something.
Max88
Aspirant
Aspirant

as always, arlo employees and managers are innefficient, not communicating and provide poor support and service.

Still the same issue since more than 3 months when it should be a straight forward fix.

do your job or find teh right vendor to do it but the customer who paid high price for that piece of junk should not suffer from your mistakes.

Once again, this is a security product for baby, not a gadget or toy and you should take high responsibility for this.

Never again I will trust Netgear.

I am another customer unsatisfied like thousand other...

Loodles
Aspirant
Aspirant
Any movement on this? Just got a series 4 watch and would be awesome not to have to have my phone on me constantly to check on the little munchkin.
infinitebeard
Star
Star

Anyone had any luck with this? Bought a HomeKit camera specifially so I could use on Apple Watch but seems it's another issue with this camera.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @infinitebeard

Have you tried contacting customer support regarding this issue? I have attached the link here for you - Arlo Tech Support

infinitebeard
Star
Star

@ShayneS Have spent hours with technical support on a bigger issue and haven't heard anything back despite being told I would a few days ago, so don't feel like going through all of that again. It's obvious there's an issue from this forum thread, surely it would save a lot of time if a staff member here (you?) reports this to the support team? Surely that would save a lot of time for everyone?

ReaXion
Guide
Guide
I’m in the same pool party. Logitech circle 2 cameras all stream to Apple Watch series 4 on iOS 12.2 & watchOS 5.2 just fine. Arlo baby cameras do not. Arlo baby cameras just spin on connecting on the watch. Over and over.

Also not as important Nightlight color changing in apple HomeKit changes the color to white on the camera Nightlight. So the HomeKit integration is lacking!

Seems that when features are added to the arlo app, HomeKit compatibly suffers. Can we please do something to fix HomeKit compatibility? It’s the reason I bought HomeKit cameras to begin with.
infinitebeard
Star
Star

@ReaXion I can actually help you with the nightlight – turn it down to 50% and you can use the colours. Bit odd but it works pretty well, probably the only feature of the camera that does its job well Woman Indifferent

thekame
Tutor
Tutor
Arlo team? Any answer? No issue for you selling a product advertising it is working with Apple Watch when it doesn’t?
Blatant false advertisement?
infinitebeard
Star
Star

@thekame it's shocking, the support is horrendous. I would be happy if they just acknowledged the issue and said they're working on it, but no – just a brick wall.

iJ-88
Guide
Guide
@infinitebeard
Stick your iPhone in Airplane mode. (This will probably put your Apple Watch into airplane mode, so turn airplane mode off on the watch only from the watch control centre.)

Now access HomeKit on your watch and you will be able to view the camera (live).

This sort of crosses over into the topic that we were discussing on the other thread about maxStreams in HAP. HomeKit Accessory Protocol potentially see’s the iPhone and Apple Watch as 2 simultaneous streams (as they are tethered?), whilst “maxStreams”: 1, has been applied in HAP via the Arlo app, only allowing 1 simultaneous stream.

The airplane mode trick above would seem to confirm my suspicions.
persianrunr
Aspirant
Aspirant

@iJ-88 Thank you for this! I don't understand why the limit is there to begin with. Is it a HomeKit limitation being enforced or is Alro just doing this to minimally support HomeKit? 

LParp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I opened a case on this in May 2018.  MAY 2018!  There has been no movement even though they are aware of it, and it seems like it should be a fairly simple fix.  If it works when iPhone is in airplane mode, why can’t it be fixed?

Weak.

thekame
Tutor
Tutor
Still unbelievable especially if the issue is the maxstream config. Arlo, you just do not care? Its been years now.
starrbri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any solution?  

I cannot get the camera to work on apple watch homekit.  It shows a still shot and just says connecting...

thekame
Tutor
Tutor
@ShayneS
You can read the while topic and see that we all did. I opened a case 1 year ago, an user above did in may 2018. We all contacted support. For my part support told me to....contact Apple!!!! Arlo is made by Apple??? Anyway, loosing all my hopes I did contact Apple support, which obviously told me to contact....your support. Which means we all bought a product that advertised to work with Apple Watch, and never did.
infinitebeard
Star
Star

@starrbri @thekame @ShayneS this is an issue they 100% know about, but guessing not enough people complaining about it for them to bother to fix it. If you want to waste several hours of your life as I and others did, then contact support.