Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Jmic0925
Follower
Follower

If the Arlo Baby is attached to the Echo Show, will the camera feed display all night? or will it shut off after a certain amount of time? I would really like to use his set up, but want to make sure I have a constant feed during the night.

Thanks for all your help!

17 REPLIES 17
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jmic0925,

Yes, when using the Echo Show, this will behave much like using any other device to stream the Arlo Baby. There is no time out when enabling a live stream.

JamesC

darkiss
Star
Star

Hello I have the Echo Show and I am unable to get it to connect to my camera.

Everything appears to work okay on my phone but using any of my Echo Shows it simply says "Waiting for Netgear"  this then will happen for hours and not go back to the homescreen until I say "Alexa home screen".

Is this an issue that is currently being worked on as it appears that it is something with the "Alexa Show Arlo App" and the "Arlo Baby"

Ideally, I would like to get an answer before so that I can decide if I am going to keep this product or go with something else

Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Hi, try to use this knowledge base in order for your Alexa to work with Arlo.

https://kb.arlo.com/000044726/How-can-I-use-Amazon-devices-with-my-Arlo-cameras

Also, you may refer to this resolved forum regarding Amazon Alexa

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo/Not-working-with-Echo-Show/m-p/1351180#M40805

🙂

darkiss
Star
Star
Thanks very much but I am very sorry as none of that resolved the issue.

Both my name of the Arlo and inside of Smart Home is the same.

I have been saying the command all day because if you read the comments from the Arlo Amazon skill you can see that this is a common issue and you might get it to work 1 in 20times.

Sure enough I was able to get it to work today 1 in 50 times but then I simply said Buffering. Then I went to homescreen and tried again and sure enough it did not work just like all of the Amazon skill comments say.

What are the next steps?
Ysabel
Luminary
Luminary

Try to delete the Arlo skill or disable it, then enable it back

darkiss
Star
Star

Thanks for the quick reply but this does not appear to work.

Then to even do another step I went ahead and did a hard reset of the device by turn it off at the bottom for 30secs.  Removed all the arlo skill from my Echo Show then turned the device back on and reenabled it.  

Would you be kind enough to know if this is a known issue?  Then the reason I am asking is because if you view the Alexa Arlo Skill comments you can quickly see that this is happening for many people.

Jlipes
Initiate
Initiate
Hi, I use my echo show but it buffers a lot and randomly kicks itself out during the middle of the night. Is anyone else having this issue?
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jlipes,

Do you experience this same issue when using your mobile device or the web client?

JamesC

darkiss
Star
Star

When using the Mobile it is okay but it is not okay at all for Echo Show

darkiss
Star
Star

bump this thread as still an issue

Jlipes
Initiate
Initiate

I have had problems with the App in the past but it is significantly worse with the Echo Show. It will only last 10 minutes or so until it buffers and then exits the camera view.

darkiss
Star
Star

Yes thanks that is the same issue that I am having.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've escalated this topic back to engineering. I will provide an update when I have more information.

JamesC

darkiss
Star
Star

Okay thanks where is the reference link so that I can track this esclation ?

epierce1
Initiate
Initiate
I am having the exact same issue. I get a maximum of 5 minutes of streaming on Alexa show before it buffers and kicks me off. I have tested it with the app open and it corresponds to the exact times it shows it to be buffering in the Android app. I am extremely disappointed as this camera is NOT cheap and there is no way it should be having this much of an issue with such a basic function.
JamesC, is there any way to get a response or update on this issue? If there is no fix, netgear really needs to be offering refunds. We bought this system to (obviously) be used as a baby camera, which is what it is advertised as, but it can't be used in that capacity as-is.
darkiss
Star
Star

Okay so update here on my end they reached out to me and said that I am not having any issue.  Here is the result of the esclation:

Hi, 

Good day! 

To help you with the concern, can you please visit the knowledge based articles below: 

https://kb.arlo.com/000044726/How-can-I-use-Amazon-devices-with-my-Arlo-cameras 

https://kb.arlo.com/000044725/What-Alexa-commands-can-I-use-with-Amazon-devices-to-view-my-Arlo-came... 

It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for choosing NETGEAR. Have a great day! 

Regards, 

Cherie 
Expert ID: 46110 
NETGEAR Support

darkiss
Star
Star

Going to return the device now that is unaccetable for the price of this product and I will be sure to leave a review all over the place about Arlo.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation