Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
acich
Aspirant
Aspirant

Beginning on May 5th, the alerts for the motion being detected and audio triggered alerts, have been enabled on their own. I keep turning these alerts off and within hours the alerts are back on.  We have 2 Arlo Baby cameras and it is happening for both.  How do I stop these alerts from turning on?  Both of my children move A LOT, so we are constantly receiving alerts that motion has been detected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
acich
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up restarting the devices from within the app. It seemed to work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi acich,

Have you tried power cycling your Arlo Baby to see if that might help? You can read here to learn how: How do I power cycle my Arlo Baby camera?

Js1300
Aspirant
Aspirant
This has been happening to us since around the same time. I can’t see how the power cycling suggestion will work as we turn off our Arlo Baby between uses.

The setting have always stuck, ever since we got it. Now they just keep resetting to defaults.
D3vious
Tutor
Tutor
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

acich
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ended up restarting the devices from within the app. It seemed to work.
Js1300
Aspirant
Aspirant
Power cycling or restarting the device within the app make no difference to my problem. I didn’t think they would because I turn the camera off between uses. I’ll just contact support, as suggested, but I can’t help but think it’s a bigger problem and people aren’t realising because they don’t adjust the motion and audio settings. I’ve got another Arlo ready for our newborn, I haven’t opened the box yet and if this doesn’t get resolved it will be going straight back to Amazon.
Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation