Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Burmajim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Well I can say the chime works. Anything else and either doesn’t connect, doesn’t send an email or doesn’t make a video with a paired camera or any that is linked, neither does the ambient noise or dog barking ever switch on.

Truly crap equipment 

6 REPLIES 6
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Burmajim,

Could you clarify which problem you're experiencing with your Arlo Chime and/or system?

Burmajim
Aspirant
Aspirant
The door bell will send an email on motion detection but does not capture a video either when paired or added as a device on motion alerts. Nor can I simulate home presence as the app does not have a save function for this.
Also where do I get the prerecorded messages?
When the bell is actually operated, the video and voice transfer quality is unusable.
Burmajim
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did do a factory reset on the doorbell and it did capture some videos on motion detection for a short time which would indicate that it is a software issue.
I have the latest apps on my iPad, Android and latest software on the equipment as they updated automatically.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If it's only capturing videos on motion detection for a short time, try adjusting the record time.

For not able to save the chime sound that you want, could you post a screenshot here?

If you are talking about the prerecorded messages where someone leaves a message on your Arlo Audio Doorbell, they will need to press the doorbell button in order to initiate the message to be recorded and it will be saved onto your library.

Burmajim
Aspirant
Aspirant

If you actually read my post you might notice that I said the video QUALITY is awful when the bell is pushed. During motion detection there is no video and it has even stopped sending email notifications now.

Where are the quick response replies? Aren’t they supposed to be on the app? I know how messages get left by a visitor. Also, how do I save home ambience to a camera motion detection? It gives the option but doesn’t add.

Can you give me an explanation as to why it doesn’t do many of the things you sell it as being capable of? That is false advertising and you can be fined for that.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

With multiple problems you are experiencing, let me reach out to you via private message to gather more information from you.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation