Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

I wonder if someone else can verify this.  I have been able to duplicate on my and my wife's Iphone 6s.  If I ring the doorbell and I am connected to my home Wifi I get the call on my phone but I can not get video.  I just get a grey screen with a loading Icon.  If I disconnect my phone from my home Wifi and let it connect to the AT&T LTE network I get the call and I get video. It works as it should.  This occurs on two different IPhones. 

Also something else I noticed.  I have a detached shop that is a pretty good distance from my house so I use a bridge to get internet to it and I have a Access point in the shop with a different SSID but it is on the same network.  If my phone is connected to the shop Wifi SSID I will not get the phone call that the doorbell has been activated.

Is this normal, and if so why would it be.

17 REPLIES 17
BetteL
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was unable to get video on my iPhone 6s when I installed the Doorbell yesterday.  After reading your post, I tried with my WiFi turned off and the LTE and it still did not show video.  I decided to go to my settings to see if I could figure out something and saw that I had not allowed my camera to work with the Arlo app.  Once I turned that on, I am now able to get video every time the Doorbell is rung.  It now works great on my phone.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to get my husband's iPhone 6sPlus to find the Doorbell.  I have spent several hours today and  tried everything mentioned in this thread and none of it has worked.  If anyone had any other suggestions I would love to hear them.  Thanks.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

The only thing that needs to find the phone is the base, when you first add the device..  If you set up the account you just need to grant access to the doorbell for your husband.  It's not very clear but if you go to grant access in settings , you should see the other person on your account.  From there tap the person's name and another screen opens up where you set what cameras you are allowing them access too.  The doorbell will need to be checked.  

I also gave my wife administrator rights, because until I did she was not getting the call from the doorbell.  You do that by clicking edit on the screen where you give access to the doorbell.  I posted about that and others have not seemed to have to add admin rights to the other account, so I need to go back and verify.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Terminal3,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information on this issue.

JamesC

BetteL
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!  That did the trick!!!   My husband kept telling me he had to sync his phone with the base and that didn't make sense to me.  I had granted him access to the cameras when we first got out Arlo Pro Cam system last year, but I couldn't figure out how to see if the Doorbell was there.

Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide

I can not answer or end call on my phone. I have to go into my phone setting and force close arlo app to stop the doorbell from recording. Samsung galaxy note 8. Please help.

hightechburrito
Guide
Guide
I just got an audio doorbell, and setup seemed to go fine. After the initial sync I tested it before putting it on my door. When I pushed the button it called my phone and I was able to see video from the linked camera.

After putttimg the doorbell outside, the video no longer works. Pushing the button still calls my phone and I can hear and speak through the doorbell, but the video on my phone just shows the spinning “loading” symbol.

Any ideas? I’m able to play live video through the camera that is linked, so I don’t think it’s a camera issue, and the doorbell rings to my phone so it doesn’t seem to be a doorbell issue. Seems more like an issue with the app than anything else.
hightechburrito
Guide
Guide
Update: it works when I’m not on my home WiFi network. Any ideas?
hightechburrito
Guide
Guide
I’m having the exact same issue. I only get audio when connected to the same network the Arlo base is on. When I’m on my phone’s LTE network, I get audio and video. Haven’t tried from a WiFi network that is separate (work, friends, etc).

Did you figure this out?
Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

Nope, I have not figured this out.  I have since switched from a IPhone 6 to IPhone  X and I have the same issue.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What version of the Arlo Mobile App are you running? Is this occurring Over WIFI or cellular data?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@hightechburrito

What Device/Model/OS are you experiencing this issue with?  What is the version of the Arlo Mobile App you are using?

hightechburrito
Guide
Guide

Here's my setup:

Phone: iPhone 6 (model A1549), running iOS 12.1 (I've seen comments from others on this board that an iPhone X has the same issue)

Arlo App Version: 2.6.3

Other information that may be helpful:

Cable Modem: Arris Surfboard SB6190 32x8 DOCSIS 3.0 (not sure of firmware version, I assume my ISP updates it automatically)

Router: Netgear R7000-100PAS AC1900 (updated firmware yesterday, had same issue before and after upgrade)

I was able to test the system from another wireless network, and had the same issue (video shows 'loading' icon, but I get audio).  It was a network I don't control, so there could have been a bandwidth constraint on streaming video, but I was able to view a live feed from the app so I don't think so.

Bunnaros1
Guide
Guide

Version 2.6.4_23200 and its occurring over wifi and 4g LTE.

Terminal3
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am running Arlo app version 2.6.3.

I get audio and Video when using Cellular data or WIfi when I am at work.  At my house I can only get video if I disconnect from my home WIFI and use cellular data.  IOS 12.1, and this occurred on two IPhone 6s, mine and my wife's.  It is now occurring our IPhone XRs

wrathgar
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is definitely an iOS issue. While on my iPhone XS Max or iPad 5th gen and on my home WiFi, the window for video will just behave as if it's attempting to load and stay that way. When I'm connected only to LTE, video will work for both the XS Max and the iPad. 

My Galaxy Note 8 always displays the video feed on home WiFi. Speaking through the doorbell speaker is also louder on the Android device and the app is faster as well. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@hightechburrito

Thank You for the info, this information can help. If you have not already, can we try the simplest option first. Can you reboot your modem & router then the base station and test again.

hightechburrito
Guide
Guide

Reset everything and no change.

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation