Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Traditional Mechanical Chime doesn't respect Silent Mode

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
doenamite
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have installed the Arlo doorbell with a traditional, mechanical chime. Everything works perfectly. I receive phone calls and the traditional doorbell rings. However I found the silence mode in the settings and was actually surprised as I wasn't expecting this feature but the feature doesn't actually work. If I enable silence mode I don't receive phone calls but the traditional chime still rings.

Is the expected functionality?
9 REPLIES 9
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi doenamite,

For the silent mode on Arlo Audio Doorbell, you can silent incoming calls and Arlo Chime but cannot silent existing mechanical or electronic doorbell chime.

doenamite
Aspirant
Aspirant
If it isn't possible to silence the traditional doorbell, the app probably needs to change as it does imply that you can
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for that screenshot! When you toggle off the traditional chime, does your chime still ring?

doenamite
Aspirant
Aspirant
It does, I tried a number of combinations of different settings on and off but the chime always rings
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Let me reach out to you via private message to gather some information from you.

ptmullett
Tutor
Tutor

I am having this same issue with my traditional chime not working on silent mode. Is there a fix for this?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey ptmullett,

Have you tried toggling the traditional chime on and off to see if that works?

ptmullett
Tutor
Tutor

Yes, it works intermittently. Never works 100% of the time. As an example, if I put just the call feature into silent mode, it will put the traditional chime into silent mode even if I do not have the traditional chime selected to be silent. Very buggy feature that does not work quite right.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

If it works intermittently even when trying to toggle the traditional chime, contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation